Our vision is to ignite a new product revolution by bringing manufacturing capability into the hands of millions of people. To do this Inventables is building an accessible and easy-to-use carving platform to help woodworkers, carpenters, and other crafters design, carve, and sell high-value products. While traditional manufacturing can be expensive, our products are designed to help individuals do their own manufacturing cost effectively. When you’re ready to carve your designs, our X-Carve and X-Carve Pro machines empower users to create products out of a variety of materials.
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE:
- We are committed to providing a flexible and healthy work-life balance and encourage you to take full advantage of our “take what you need” vacation policy.
- We are staying remote-first so you don’t have to worry about going back to the office.
- We do an outstanding job at staying connected in a virtual work environment. (Ask us how we do it!)
- We believe in making time for exploration and creativity. You'll have your own creative project budget + your own personal exploration budget. Plus you get a free carving machine!
About the Position:
At Inventables we want our customers to rave about their customer service experience like they rave about our products. We're looking for a Customer Success Technical Support Specialist I with a customer-first mentality who wants to be a part of a growing team, working in an environment that promotes creativity and collaboration.
You will help a wide variety of existing and new customers through their journey with Inventables software and hardware products and help set them up for success. We take pride in our ability to solve just about any issue and leave customers with the feeling that Inventables Customer Success is next to none.
You’ll help support our carving machines (X-Carve, X-Carve Pro) and the world’s easiest to use CAD/CAM software platform (Easel Pro), helping Makers to design and carve amazing products out of a wide array of materials like wood, acrylic, plastic and soft metals.
Explore Easel, our machines, and some of the amazing products our customers are making here.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Respond to technical and application specific questions from customers who are looking to purchase a carving machine from Inventables
- Case manage, troubleshoot and resolve level I support related issues across our software and hardware products including X-Carve / X-Carve Pro / Easel via email, phone and screen sharing support channels
- Escalate to Senior Technical Support in a timely manner when needed
- Learn about and support, new hardware product lines at Inventables
- Support new software features for our design software platform Easel & upgraded subscription based version Easel Pro
If you do not have experience using digital fabrication hardware and software tools unfortunately, this position won’t be a fit. However we’d love for you to keep an eye out for non-technical Customer Success job postings titled CS Sales Support Specialist.
Here’s what you need:
- Experience using digital fabrication tools including both hardware and software (required)
- Hardware: Experience using digital fabrication tools such as 3D printers, laser cutters, carving machines or similar
- Software: Experience using computer design software like Fusion 360, Inkscape, Vetric, MeshCAM, Ultimaker Cura, Sketchup, Autodesk tools, Rhino, Silhouette, Adobe Suite, or any other CAD/CAM software
- Ability to problem solve technical and non technical customer issues over the phone and via email
- Effective communication and listening skills, and ability to see things from the customer's perspective
- Passion for helping people and creating support experiences that exceed customers' expectations
- Customer-facing experience supporting customers in-person or on the phone
- Space to house and use a desktop carving machine (X-Carve 1000mm machine (50 x 40 inches of table space needed)
- Ability to work M-F 9am to 5pm CT
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining digital fabrication tools such as 3D printers, laser cutters, carving machines or similar
- Experience with CRM software (we use Zendesk)
- Experience using Inventables hardware or software products (Easel, X-Carve, Carvey)
YOU’LL GET THESE BENEFITS AND PERKS!
- Excellent BCBS health, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible accrued vacation (“Take what you need” vacation policy)
- 401(k) program with 4% company match (no vesting schedule!)
- Options program
- Annual work remote budget
- Annual “exploration budget” Have you ever thought, “that looks cool, but I’m not sure I want to spend money on it”? Use this budget to explore an interest or learn a new skill.
- Annual “creative project budget” to help you stay creative
- Paid parental leave program
- Internet expense reimbursement plan
- A complementary Inventables carving machine
We value the things that make us different and believe a diverse company drives innovation. Inventables provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants, and prohibits discrimination of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.