Our vision is to ignite a new product revolution by bringing manufacturing capability into the hands of millions of people. To do this Inventables is building an accessible and easy-to-use carving platform to help woodworkers, carpenters, and other crafters design, carve, and sell high-value products.
Our all-in-one CNC software Easel Pro, along with our intuitive carving machines, are helping customers take their businesses to the next level by simplifying their entire workflow. From home decor and furniture to custom cabinets and built-ins, Inventables makes it easy and affordable for tradespeople to design and build products more efficiently.
Learn more here about our software and hardware products.
About the Position:
At Inventables we want our customers to rave about their customer service experience like they rave about our products. We're looking for a Customer Success Technical Support Specialist with a customer-first mentality who wants to be a part of a growing team, working in an environment that promotes creativity and collaboration.
You will help a wide variety of existing and new customers through their journey with Inventables software and hardware products and help set them up for success. We take pride in our ability to solve just about any issue and leave customers with the feeling that Inventables Customer Success is next to none.
You’ll help support our carving machines (X-Carve, X-Carve Pro) and our easy to use CAD/CAM software platform (Easel Pro), helping carpenters, woodworkers and cabinetmakers of all skill levels design and build amazing products.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Respond to technical and application specific questions from customers who are looking to purchase a carving machine from Inventables
- Case manage, troubleshoot, and resolve level I support related issues across our software and hardware products including X-Carve / X-Carve Pro / Easel via email, phone and screen sharing support channels
- Escalate to Senior Technical Support in a timely manner when needed
- Learn about, and support, new hardware product lines at Inventables
- Support new software features for our design software platform Easel & upgraded subscription based version Easel Pro
- Utilize Zendesk (CRM) as a case management tool
Here’s what you need:
- Experience using digital fabrication tools including both hardware and software (required)
- Hardware: Experience using digital fabrication tools such as 3D printers, laser cutters, carving machines or similar
- Software: Experience using computer design software like Fusion 360, Inkscape, Vetric, MeshCAM, Ultimaker Cura, Sketchup, Autodesk tools, Rhino, Silhouette, Adobe Suite, or other CAD/CAM software
- Ability to work M-F 9am to 5pm CT
- Ability to problem solve technical and non technical customer issues over the phone and via email
- Effective communication and listening skills, and ability to see things from the customer's perspective
- Passion for helping people and creating support experiences that exceed customers' expectations
- Customer-facing experience supporting customers in-person or over the phone
- Space to assemble and house a desktop carving machine (X-Carve 1000mm machine (50 x 40 inches of table space needed) If you are local to Chicago you can use our downtown makerspace as an alternative.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining digital fabrication tools such as 3D printers, laser cutters, carving machines or similar
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management software (we use Zendesk)
- Experience using Inventables hardware or software products (Easel, X-Carve, X-Carve Pro, Carvey)
What we offer:
- 100% remote work from anywhere in the US
- Cultural emphasis on a flexible and healthy work-life balance
- Excellent BCBS health, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible accrued (Take what you need) vacation policy
- 401(k) program with 4% company match
- Options Program
- Paid parental leave program
- Internet expense reimbursement plan
- Ample opportunities to stay connected in a virtual work environment
- A complementary Inventables carving machine
$43,200 - $58,000
We make first and best offers (based on market data and company budget) to ensure that future employees are paid based on their expected contribution, rather than their negotiation skills.
We value the things that make us different and believe a diverse company drives innovation. Inventables provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants, and prohibits discrimination of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.