We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We're looking for experienced Engineers to join our fast moving team. We work on a range of interesting and challenging problems, from supporting thousands of concurrent shoppers and processing millions of data points in real time, to determining the best route for deliveries and predicting store inventory levels.At Instacart, we hold ourselves greatly responsible for protecting our customers', shoppers', partners' data and provide a secure platform to shop. As one of the early members of the security team, you will have a tremendous impact on Instacart's security posture and engineering culture. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to have a large sense of ownership, grow extraordinarily in their career, develop cross-functional technical and soft skills, in not just security, but engineering overall. Our platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time, all of the time.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Drive and improve the security posture of our cloud infrastructure AWS & GCP environment.
- Build and deploy tools and services to automate enforcement of security baseline across our cloud infrastructure, including:
- IAM and configuration management
- Container and system security and vulnerability management
- PKI and secret management
- Partner with our incident response team to design and implement detection and response capability on our cloud Infrastructure
- Work closely with IT to harden and secure our corporate and endpoint infrastructure
- Provide advisory and consulting service to engineering, product and IT teams to ensure their services are built with security in mind
- Participate in the team’s on-call rotation and help drive critical infrastructure incidents to resolution
- Expertise in Cloud Infrastructure Security (AWS is a MUST with GCP or Azure strongly desirable)
- Strong experience in one or more of the following languages: Python, Ruby, Go, Shell and regularly commit code or contribute to open source projects
- Experience working with containerized environments and related orchestrations techniques (Docker and/or Kubernetes)
- Experience scaling infrastructure with code or deploying Terraform
- Functional understanding of distributed systems and service oriented architectures
- Strong system and networking fundamentals such as TCP/IP, kernel operations, memory and file system management, particularly on linux platforms
- Enjoy working collaboratively with internal customers and stakeholders and can navigate security/productivity trade-offs
- Highly Desirable: Knowledge of common attack patterns/TTP as well as hardening strategies for ONE or more of the following systems:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.