We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We're looking for an experienced security leader to join our fast moving and growing team.
We work on a range of interesting and challenging problems, from supporting thousands of concurrent shoppers and processing millions of data points in real time, to determining the best route for deliveries and predicting store inventory levels to securing our retail enablement technology such as smart shopping carts.
Our goal is to run the world's most trusted and secure grocery delivery platform. We work across all layers of our product, infrastructure and corporate environment to ensure we deploy trustworthy systems and protect our customers’, shoppers’, and partners’ data.
As a leader in our Security Team, you will have a tremendous impact on Instacart's security posture and engineering culture. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to have a large sense of ownership, grow extraordinarily in their career and develop cross-functional technical and soft skills. Our platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time, all of the time.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Directly manage and lead one or more of our core Security teams: Detection & Response, Product Security & Infrastructure Security
- Establish a strong team-oriented culture that empowers the members to collectively work towards solving large and complex security challenges
- Help define the north star for the team, both by providing high level directions and empowering engineers to drive bottoms-up initiatives and converting them to quarterly execution plans
- Work with other technical leaders in and outside of Security to align plans and initiatives with larger efforts across the engineering organization
- Create and grow a strong outcome oriented team(s) by recruiting new talent and mentor/support engineers in achieving their personal and professional goals
- 10+ years of security experience in the growth oriented technology industry
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Deep domain expertise in two or more of the following areas:
- Incident Response
- Threat & Detection Engineering
- Cloud & Infrastructure Security
- Enterprise/Endpoint Security
- Product and Platform Security
- Problem solver at heart that enjoys tackling difficult security challenges that span across the company.
- Ability to rigorously prioritize the most impactful work and articulate the reason for doing so to the team and the organization.
- Strong experience working in an engineering driven environment, familiarity with model SDLC, CI/CD pipelines and ability to balance security, productivity and scalability issues.
- Functional development or scripting skills (i.e. Python, Rails, shell scripting)
- Experience with AWS or GCP environments
- Experience with large-scale web applications and backend services, including API design, access management, authorization, authentication, data protection and encryption
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.