We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
The Senior Director of Ad Sales sits within Instacart’s Brand Partnerships Organization and is a key member of the Leadership team. This individual will be focused on leading a team in growing mission critical relationships with a key segment of Instacart’s CPG advertisers. As a Senior Director, this person is expected to be the senior advocate for our CPG / Advertiser relationships within Instacart, as well as a champion for empowering and enabling their team to operate effectively and drive growth with their CPG counterparts. This person must be a self-starter, experienced people and sales leader and able to execute efficiently and effectively within the context of the ‘big picture’.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Set and deliver on team sales goals
- Maintain a deep understanding of your accounts with the ability to give high level or deep status updates at a moment’s notice (i.e. opportunity, risks, actions, help needed)
- Create, maintain and evolve thorough account plans to achieve growth objectives
- Develop, review and deploy sales collateral, case studies, and custom ‘stories’ to translate benefits of Instacart’s platform to CPGs / Advertisers
- Set long term strategy with your team and CPGs / Advertisers to deliver mutual growth
- Lead annual planning and budgeting process and roll up across accounts with the ability to quickly make trade offs based on strategic importance and business impact
- Lead and support teams in various contract negotiations with high dollars at stake
- Review and approve all partner contracts and commitments
- Develop and maintain senior executive level relationships with your CPGs / Advertisers
- Support your team in expanding strategic relationships within your accounts
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Instacart cross functional teams and your accounts (e.g. analytics, product management, engineering, legal, finance, etc.)
- Maintain strong relationships between account team and cross functional Instacart teams to ensure limited resources are prioritized to support your accounts
- Engage, coach and develop your account teams - empower them to do their best work - including effective preparation for all key internal and external meetings
- Maintain a strong understanding of the evolving Instacart value proposition and how it compares to key competitors - ability to ‘stand and deliver’ internally and externally
- 15+ years of experience
- Experience leading and developing quota carrying sales teams
- Experience building and maintaining C-suite executive relationships
- Strong written / verbal communication skills and executive presence
- Strong understanding of CPG industry, budgets, competition and sales dynamics
- Strategy experience in the CPG / Advertising Industry with ability to ‘think big’
- Experience with prominent digital advertising tools and capabilities
- Some understanding of Instacart’s business model and position in the competitive set
- Empathy for and understanding of product development and engineering in a fast moving / high growth tech environment
- Ability to form, lead and develop effective teams in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Comfort selling new / novel / untested advertising tools
- Deep experience making sound, fact-based commercial decisions rooted in data
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.