We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
At Instacart, our mission is to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Millions of customers every year use Instacart to buy their groceries online, and the Data Engineering team is building the critical data pipelines that underpin all of the myriad of ways that data is used across Instacart to support our customers.
ABOUT THE JOB
On the Data Engineering team at Instacart, our mission is to provide everyone at Instacart with simple access to timely, correct, and reliable data. You’ll collaborate with Infrastructure Engineering, Data Scientists, Analysts, Software Engineers and many other teams across Instacart. The team manages petabytes of data used by hundreds of people across the company for the core product, machine learning, reporting, analysis, and much more.
- You will be part of a small team with a large amount of ownership and autonomy for managing things directly.
- You will work closely with engineers and both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution.
- You will ship high quality, scalable and robust solutions with a sense of urgency.
- You will have the freedom to suggest and drive organization-wide initiatives.
- 6+ years of working experience in a Data Engineering or Data Science role, with a focus on building data pipelines; We are hiring for senior levels only at this time.
- Expert with SQL; knowledge of a data processing language (such as Python).
- Adept at fluently communicating with many cross-functional stakeholders to derive requirements and design shared datasets.
- A strong sense of ownership, and an ability to balance a sense of urgency with shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions.
- Experience working with a large codebase on a cross functional team.
- Experience with cloud-based data technologies such as Snowflake, Big Query, Redshift
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, computer engineering, electrical engineering OR equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Snowflake, dbt (data build tool)
- Experience building immutable data pipelines.
- Experience with data quality monitoring/observability, either using custom frameworks or tools like Great Expectations, Monte Carlo etc
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.