IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 13 million students worldwide, is forming a new team to manage the infrastructure for our acquired SaaS products and ensure high quality of service. We are seeking a Software Engineer to help provide hands-on technical and project deployment and infrastructure updates.
This is a full time remote position for candidates in the Unites States.
- Work with your team to master a variety of production technology stacks
- Take responsibility for site performance, uptime and scalability
- Develop and maintain accurate monitoring dashboards, alerting and runbook documentation suited to each product
- Identify technical problems and develop solutions
- Partner with application engineering teams to understand product needs, support test environments, and manage CI/CD pipelines
- Build and propose architecture changes that will allow us to consolidate, simplify, and streamline our technology, company-wide
- Develop tooling for deployment and release processes
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in computer science or a related discipline
- 5+ years of professional hands-on software engineering or devops experience
- Public cloud provider experience (GCP is a plus)
- Experience with common service technologies like web servers, message queues, load balancers, and databases
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Fluency in devops concerns such as source control, builds, deployments, networking, scaling, and monitoring
- Flexibility to work with a variety of technologies and legacy systems, balanced against a passion to streamline and modernize
- Skill at troubleshooting problems across the stack, providing both immediate fixes as well as long term solutions
- Flexibility about work hours and being on call
- Strong communication and time management skills
We find it immensely satisfying to develop products that impact the lives of millions, and we are eager to have you join our team.