IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 13 million students worldwide, is seeking a Product Manager who has a passion for technology and language learning to join our Curiosity Media team.
Curiosity Media is on a mission to teach the world Spanish and English for free. Our flagship product, SpanishDict, is the world’s largest Spanish learning product. Each year more than 100 million people learn and improve their Spanish on SpanishDict’s website and apps. We’ve built the Internet’s most comprehensive database of Spanish and English translations, conjugations, example sentences, pronunciations, synonyms and antonyms. We combine our extensive reference resources with interactive vocabulary quizzes, conjugation drills, and native-speaker video lessons to provide an unparalleled one-stop shop for students and adult Spanish learners. We also proudly offer all of SpanishDict’s features on inglés.com, an emerging product in the English learning space. Now we’re on a mission to enhance our interactive learning features and provide our users with a path to fluency. Our products have been mostly free and supported by advertisements for several years, and our Premium subscription offerings are a key area of focus for growing our business. We’re looking for a Product Manager to spearhead the growth of our subscription products for SpanishDict and inglés.com.
This is a full-time remote position for candidates in the United States, strong preference for those in the Eastern time zone.WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Be the Curiosity Media team's expert on subscription offerings
- Conduct user interviews, tests, and surveys to better understand pain points, opportunities, and improve existing features
- Run analytics to better understand feature proposals and the performance of released features
- Work on developing and executing marketing ideas to expand the reach of features
- Collaborate with our Design team to create and iterate on designs for proposed and current projects
- Develop a deep understanding of how our products work across multiple platforms, generating new ideas and opportunities for improvement
- Coordinate with our 5-person Product team to spearhead the creation of new features that will be built by our engineers
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Subscriptions experience - you are familiar with the considerations for premium and freemium products (experience delivering subscription consumer products is a plus)
- Strong communication skills - you can confidently speak with our users, write marketing copy, and draft project proposals
- Analytics expertise - you can use and transform data to glean insights and make recommendations (familiarity with SQL, Python, R, statistics, and modeling are a plus)
- Proficient Spanish speaking and writing - you don’t have to be a native Spanish speaker, but you can carry a conversation in-person, over the phone, and by email
- Creativity and Judgement - you think outside the box to come up with and prioritize new solutions for difficult problems related to reference, translation, and language learning
- Initiative - you are a self-starter eager to push projects and ideas forward on your own
- We developed and manage a diversified in-house header bidding advertising stack, optimized across billions of impressions.
- We optimized our iOS app homepage with an interactive learning feed that features fresh content daily.
- We ran dozens of A/B tests to increase conversions to member signups and Premium subscriptions through our website and apps onboarding flows.
- We created a system to provide unlimited Spanish conjugation practice for every verb in every tense.
- We built a course with hundreds of interactive video grammar lessons.
- We signed up thousands of users to SpanishDict Premium, our paid subscription product.
- We’ve brought together a talented team that is down-to-earth, friendly, and driven to build products that people use and love.
- Our Product team prides itself on a culture committed to data-informed decisions, focus on value, rapid iteration, and cross-team collaboration.
- With fewer than 20 people in the Curiosity Media division, every employee on the team has a huge impact across millions of users and very low barriers to getting things done.
- 100% remote
- Competitive salary
- Employer 401(k) contributions
- Fully-paid health insurance