IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 14 million students worldwide, is seeking an item writer to join our math content team. In this role, you will collaborate with curriculum designers to write creative, engaging, and mathematically challenging problems for high school students, including students taking Calculus.
This is a remote 1099 consulting role that can be worked either part-time or full-time for candidates in the United States.WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Write engaging and challenging math problems to meet specific educational objectives, based on sample problems provided by IXL's curriculum design team. This will include some problems that involve a real-world context, e.g., problems involving related rates or optimization, and some problems that do not, e.g., problems involving volumes of revolution or equations of tangent lines.
- Develop age-appropriate, mathematically precise explanations
- Collaborate with math curriculum designers to meet project deadlines
- BA/BS degree in math; currently enrolled students are welcome to apply
- Solid writing and grammar knowledge, with the ability to match writing style to provided examples
- Strong knowledge of high school math curriculum through Calculus is required
- Prior math item writing experience is preferred
IXL Learning is the country's largest edtech company. We reach millions of learners through our diverse range of products. For example:
- 1 in 4 students in the United States uses IXL.com
- Rosetta Stone provides an immersive learning experience for 25 languages
- Wyzant is the nation's largest community of tutors, covering 300+ subjects
- Teachers Pay Teachers (TPT) is a comprehensive marketplace for millions of educator-created resources
Our mission is to create innovative products that will make a real, positive difference for learners and educators and we're looking for passionate, mission-minded people to join us in achieving this goal. We have a unique culture at IXL that fosters collaboration and the open exchange of ideas. We value our team and treat one another with kindness and respect. We approach our work with passion, tenacity, and authenticity. We find it immensely satisfying to develop products that impact the lives of millions and we are eager to have you join our team.At IXL, we value diversity in age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, political and religious beliefs, and life experience, and we are proud to promote a work environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. IXL Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.