IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 14 million students worldwide, is seeking an item writer to join our math content team. In this role, you will collaborate with curriculum designers to write creative, engaging, and mathematically challenging problems for high school students, including students taking Calculus.
This is a 1099 consulting role that can be worked either part-time or full-time.WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Write engaging and challenging math problems to meet specific educational objectives, based on sample problems provided by IXL's curriculum design team. This will include some problems that involve a real-world context, e.g., problems involving related rates or optimization, and some problems that do not, e.g., problems involving volumes of revolution or equations of tangent lines.
- Develop age-appropriate, mathematically precise explanations
- Collaborate with math curriculum designers to meet project deadlines
- BA/BS degree in math; currently enrolled students are welcome to apply
- Solid writing and grammar knowledge, with the ability to match writing style to provided examples
- Strong knowledge of high school math curriculum through Calculus is required
- Prior math item writing experience is preferred