Job type full-time number of hires for this role 1
Full job description
Itb, inc- rockville, md - remote position
Junior software quality assurance test engineer
The role of the jrSqa test engineer is to develop and execute test cases under moderate supervisionThis role involves using established guidelines to execute test cases and analyze root cause defectsThis role is a member of the software quality
Assurance team and reports directly to the software quality assurance manager.
What you will do:
· individual contributor working independently under general guidelines established by supervisor.
· follow software testing best practices per test manager/test lead’s direction.
· create test cases per design/requirements document and maintain the requirements
Traceability by mapping test cases to various traceable components per the established project standards.
· perform software testing (including but not limited to gui, backend, interface/batch, regression, performance testing) and recording results following established project standards for testing, defect management and test deliverables.
· analyze the defects and perform root cause analysis.
· partner with other teams (development, functional, sub-contractors, customer etc.) as part of overall team effort following the established agile practices.
· provide guidance and training to team members on the testing efforts.
· perform demonstrations to both internal and external stakeholders.
· contribute to automation test creation and execution including the ability to debug in case of script failures.
Who you are:
· have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, information systems,
Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline
· 3-5 years hands-on test experience with strong background in multi-tiered environment; including backend and front-end testing activities and a minimum of 2 years of claims experience
· expertise experience in backend testing – rdbms/sql skills with the ability to read, write and execute sql queries.
· proven experience with backend testing using shell scripts, unix commands, and sql.
· you have expertise experience in creating test data for different test phases using command line utilities and tools.
· experience with claims adjudication and developing test plans
· experience in performance testing (development, execution, debug and analyze) using
· experience with one or more defect tracking tools (jira preferred).
· experience in planning, developing, executing and maintaining test automation suites using selenium across a multi-server environment
· testing experience in web/java environments as well as transactional (batch) testing.
· well versed with requirements traceability analysis, test case writing from design documents and use cases.