About the Role
Hopper is the #1 most downloaded travel app in the United States, selling air, hotel, car rentals, and homes, in addition to our proprietary fintech products.
- We’re a customer obsessed travel tech company that’s changing our category,
- We sell approximately $4bn/year of travel,
- We're in hypergrowth, having achieved between 2-4x annual revenue growth every year since 2019.
Hopper is expanding in Canada. While Hopper was founded in Montreal, this will be Hopper’s first team exclusively focused on Canada Expansion.
As a software engineer and founding team-member in our Canada Expansion group, you will be responsible for both improving existing services and creating innovative, new services catered towards Canadians. Projects will include coding alone as well as with engineers from other teams. Your work will directly impact how millions of Canadians book their travel.
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com, and MakeMyTrip.
- And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!