Senior Product Manager, Corporate Travel
ABOUT THE ROLE
Product Managers at Hopper are “smart creatives” that will take the Hopper app from a disruptive, startup product to being the global leader in mobile travel. As a Senior Product Manager, you will work at the intersection of development, data science, and user experience, as well as have a competitive understanding of the travel landscape to facilitate the creation of successful new features. On any given day - whether you’re weighing the tradeoffs of offering new features, scoping and specifying solutions, or shepherding features through development - your contribution will be critical to Hopper’s current and future success.
Hopper has been one of the biggest disruptors in the travel space since its launch in early 2015, helping travelers plan over 100 million trips and save nearly $2.5 billion along the way by leveraging big data technologies to help users understand the best time and destinations to fly, and more importantly, the best time to book airfare. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to own the product roadmap and scale our new Corporate Travel initiative to be the preeminent destination for business travelers when booking travel. This means exciting opportunities to manage the experience on web and mobile, own the growth funnel for new business acquisition, and run experiments across the platform to maximize our key metrics. If you’re looking to dive deep into the challenges of starting a new product initiative with a scaled partner, look no further.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
Manage a product roadmap for a set of features from inception through implementation; collect requirements, establish key performance metrics, craft the user experience, and drive execution
Collaborate closely with data science to dive deep into our data to understand our users
Work with business leaders to help shape and drive business cases for product features
Ideate and wireframe new features that will be user by millions of users
Identify the essential qualities of each feature: what's important, what's not, how can we limit cost and risk?
Understand and explain complex technical issues, discern impact, and communicate them to maximize clarity and drive resolution
Use good judgment to make appropriate trade-offs when scoping and specifying solutions, ensuring that anything we build adds value to the business and continues to delight our users
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS
Thrived in a consumer product role and delivered delightful features at scale
Has worked across products on both web and mobile
Is an expert in running growth experiments to drive acquisition and revenue growth
An innovative and detail-oriented approach to problem-solving
The instinct to get on a whiteboard and explain their thinking, and even faster to document that thinking into expected use cases and user behaviors, driving UX for new features from start to finish
Exceptional ability to grasp, manage, and articulate complex systems
Experience connecting innovative solutions to real-world, user problems with actual business needs of a rapidly scaling organization
Technical depth that allows you to communicate with, understand, and earn the respect of world-class engineers and data scientists
A track record of being proactive and persuading colleagues by constructing a compelling narrative both in-person and in-writing
Past success analyzing data, drawing accurate conclusions, and adjusting strategy accordingly
No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
Experience with GDS, CRS, airline, hotel and/or other travel systems a plus
Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
Open communication with management and company leadership
Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded nearly 80 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper sold around $4 billion in travel and travel fintech in 2022, up nearly 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
- The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent 30-40% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
- Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership,
- Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
- Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 80 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month.
- Hopper has raised over $700 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!