• 5+ years experience software development, mixing server side work and with mobile platform development
• Thorough understanding of working with microservices at scale, deep familiarity with at least one server side stack (Scala or pure functional stacks preferred)
• Comfortable making deep contributions to at least one front-end / mobile stack (Swift or Kotlin preferred)
• Proven ability to build prototypes, and take a data driven approach to product development, testing, and iterative progress on ideas
• A passion for personal technical growth and collaboration
About the Job
A stellar opportunity to massively impact Hopper’s Growth ! Join a rapidly growing company that is continuously redefining how people travel! The Growth team at Hopper is directly impacting Hopper’s rapid acceleration, and has been instrumental to approximately tripling our valuation to $3.5B in the past year.
Within the Growth business unit, our Incentives and Loyalty team is focused on engaging and educating both new and returning users. We're building out a currency platform (Carrot Cash), a related offer and discount system, and own the Hopper Wallet - and using them to help millions of users more quickly derive value from our products. As a Full Stack engineer on the team, you’ll be building out the product, helping design and implement new features, and helping drive the product direction to make sure we solve the right user problems, and find innovative ways to delight our customers. You’ll collaborate with an integrated team of talented engineers, designers, pms and data scientists to break down complex problems, experiment quickly, and build things at internet scale.
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com, and MakeMyTrip.
- And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!