You + Helix
Helix is a place where innovators and doers gather in order to drive significant progress in population genomics. We have come together to work at the intersection of clinical care, research, and genomics.
If you’re excited by the idea of making a meaningful impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves on driving innovation through fostering an environment with an emphasis on empowering one another to grow, Helix might be the place for you!
Helix + The World
Helix is the leading population genomics and viral surveillance company. Helix enables health systems, public health organizations and life science companies to accelerate the integration of genomic data into patient care and public health decision making.
We are continuing to scale our world-class team to support our dedication to empowering every person to improve their life through DNA.
What is special about this role:
This Technical Product Manager will work closely with the platform and engineering teams across both our tech stack for the population genomics and infectious diseases parts of the business. The focus will be to develop and grow Helix’s product platform capabilities to support our growing product and technology. In close collaboration with the engineering and product teams you’ll drive platform projects that deliver efficiency and optimization across the Helix engineering team.
As a Technical Product Manager, you will:
- Drive the product development lifecycle end-to-end for multiple projects at the same time, with a strong sense of communication and leadership
- Transform the high-level vision of the business and your stakeholders into detailed requirements
- Capture, document, and communicate requirements with clear prioritization; track and drive development using Jira and serve as scrum master for the team
- Maximize cross-functional efficiencies and effectiveness during development and implementation; coordinate dependencies with other teams, train and gather feedback from stakeholders
- Set proper expectations on project status, timelines, dependencies, risks, and create mitigation plans
- Monitor system health, investigate issues, and prioritize fixes
- Participate in security, scalability and infrastructure activities
- Be an advocate and educator
- 4+ years of relevant product experience, working in a highly cross-functional and technical role
- Track record of defining and shipping successful products
- Very strong communication and leadership skills
- Intense attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Working knowledge of Agile
- An interest in genetics and healthcare
- The prospect of building a category-defining product excites you!
- BS+ in Computer Science; coursework in genetics or bioinformatics
- Familiarity with AWS
- Familiarity with regulated software systems and entities
- Experience working on B2B SaaS Health Tools or Healthtech
What’s important to us:
- Curiosity — we are all passionate about the possibilities enabled by having access to your own genome
- Responsibility — we have an obligation to people and our partners to operate with highly credible research guided by well respected advisors, with clear and effective communication about our products
- Agility — flexibility and a desire to be nimble, smart, and effective are important to the Helix culture
- Follow-through — we’re building a diverse team with amazing track records of achievement in multidisciplinary environments
What Helix has to offer you:
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
- Competitive compensation, Comprehensive Health insurance package including employer sponsored HSA
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 401(k) with employer matching and 100% vested on first day
- Comprehensive Well Being benefits
- Flexible PTO
Helix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.