Hayleys Group is ranked amongst Sri Lanka’s largest and most diversified public companies with a strong presence in global markets and manufacturing, agriculture, transportation and logistics, consumer, power and energy, investments and services as well as in leisure and aviation. You may visit www.hayleys.com for more information.
HAYLEYS ADVANTIS LIMITED
Hayleys Advantis Group, the transportation, logistics and aviation arm of Hayleys PLC with over 60 years of industry presence, is a pioneer in providing end-to-end logistics solutions, representing some of the World’s foremost shipping lines, freight forwarders and the largest air express transportation company. The Group also represents some of the world’s leading passenger and cargo airlines and specializes in travel agency services. Today Advantis controls a truly international network offering and is fast becoming the undisputed leader in the areas of integrated logistics, freight management, marine services, terminals & engineering operations, airport services, aviation supply services, outbound travel services and other travel related services.
Advantis Projects is a member of the Hayleys Advantis Group and is one of the most diversified logistics solution providers in Sri Lanka. Advantis Projects, is considered the leading Project Logistics specialist with a large fleet of prime movers, heavy lift Cranes/forklifts & special equipment.
Executive - Procurement
- Purchase items related to Maintenance and repair department by checking the reorder levels in the weekly stock report, prepare a weekly purchasing plan, obtain prior approvals and generate purchase orders and purchase accordingly and follow the purchasing procedures in order to ensure a smooth flow of Maintenance and Repair workshop and other engineering works.
- Attend to specific purchasing inquires for non-stock materials by following the procuring procedures of calling quotations, comparing prices and physically inspecting the quality where necessary to thereby ensure an uninterrupted supply of spare parts and other relevant materials
- Maintain approved supplier list by evaluating them based on their capabilities, quality of products, company image/reputation, etc. and thereby ensure a smooth and speedy purchasing process.
- Procurement of spare parts and other relevant materials by identifying competitive and reliable suppliers local/overseas, calling quotations, negotiating for best rates, carrying out quality inspections, visiting them and there by ensure procurement in right quality and best rat
- Facilitate the stores activities by defining re-order levels, order quantities, analyzing consumer patterns and period reviews of stock levels in order to maintain optimum stock levels for repairing and maintaining vehicles & Equipment
- Follow the QMS procedures related to purchasing function by maintaining proper documentation and records, participate in audits thereby ensure to comply with ISO standards.
- Assist the repair and maintenance activities by identifying and sourcing various spare parts and materials in order to improve the quality of the repair & maintenance
- Ensure payments are made to suppliers on time by providing required information to finance department, checking the invoices/GRN/payment vouchers in order to maintain cordial relationship with suppliers.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in procurement management in Automobile Industry
- Qualification in Supply Chain Management or Logistics at a recognized institute
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering will be an added advantage
- Technical Knowledge on automobile spare parts and experience in ERP system is a must
- 2 passes for A/L's or successful completion of UGC approved A/L equivalent foundation course.
- Local or London O/L 8 passes with 'C' for Mathematics and English
- Strong negotiation and good communication skills in English and Sinhala
- Must have a valid riding/driving license
- Willingness to work extra hours
If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this challenging role, please click on Apply Now. Pay and benefits of the above position will be competitive, and the rewards are performance driven.
Hayleys is an Equal Opportunity Employer