Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
The GoFundMe team is searching for our next Senior Design Engineer to help shape and improve our Heart Design System. As an engineer here, you’ll support our component library, improve our collaboration with other teams, and update internal workflows. Our goal is to provide shared tools and resources that empower our teammates, support our mission/values, and create clarity for our product experiences.
We’re a small, fast-paced team that works closely to create and maintain the resources our product teams rely on to build their user experiences. If you love building tools and find joy in empowering others, we hope you’ll consider joining us.The Job…
- Work directly with product designers, developers, and QA to implement deliverable features, additions, and improvements to all areas of the product
- Own front-end development from start to finish.
- Collaborate to improve our design system by creating new, reusable components and improving our existing components.
- Write and maintain documentation, creating guidance for the entire team.
- Participate in code reviews regularly to share your work and grow your understanding of the code base.
- Provide mentorship to other developers through chat, pair programming, and regular meetings with the entire front-end team.
- Have 6+ years of experience as a UI/UX engineer.
- Enjoy solving difficult problems that affect the whole team.
- Have experience building and managing a Design System.
- Have experience publishing shared libraries to NPM or similar.
- Have experience building and testing accessible (WCAG AA) user interfaces.
- Have experience working with Responsive Design and mobile-first principles.
- Have experience working with TDD workflow and unit testing.
- Have experience working with Git-based version control.
- Understand browser support and are able to interpret support charts from providers like MDN and CanIUse.
- Are able to work both independently and with a team as each task requires.
- Are passionate about building great products and experiences and for great design.
- Are able to identify obstacles and offer creative, viable solutions.
- Have excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and visual).
- Bring a curious and thoughtful approach to everything you do.
- Experience working with Figma.
- Experience working with Storybook.
- Experience working with Typescript.
- Experience working with CI/CD and creating pipelines.
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $130,000 - $175,000 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
Learn more about GoFundMe: