Do you believe that people should compassionately support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighborhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe.
Our customers have raised over $15 billion for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people.
The GoFundMe Product Design team is looking for a full-time Content Designer. This role is key to continuing to embed content design into the product development process from the start and shaping the content design discipline as a whole. This is an incredible opportunity to change the way the world gives.
Where you’ll make an impact…
- Influence product development from discovery to launch and collaborate closely with product designers, product managers, engineers, other writers and more
- Craft everything from tooltips and microcopy to full user flows and extended content strategy
- Develop and maintain writing style and usage guidance for our product experiences
- Create frameworks and conventions that help other teams write faster and more consistently
- Mentor designers and PMs to help them improve their UX writing skills and champion the discipline’s impact
- Manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- A problem solver who requires little guidance and thrives in a fast paced environment
- Able to take initiative, prioritize, manage workloads and meet project deadlines.
- An excellent communicator and collaborator who can clearly articulate ideas and vision
- Self motivated and love a good challenge
- Someone who understands user needs and knows how to balance them with business/brand needs
You also have…
- 3-5 years of experience in product content strategy or content design
- Experience writing content for digital products and developing style guides
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience with design tools like Figma and/or UsabilityHub
- Portfolio of writing samples with 2+ projects showcasing product goals, content strategy/design process, and qualitative/quantitative outcomes
- Experience writing for the digital fundraising space
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe...