GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
This position is 100% remote, based in Germany, Netherlands, UK and/or Ireland
GitLab is looking for an enthusiastic and strategic Sales Development Representative (SDR), to join our growing Revenue Marketing team. As a SDR at GitLab, you get the opportunity to lead the initial outreach to targeted Enterprise accounts working in conjunction with the Field and Digital Marketing teams as well as the Sales and Customer Success teams. In this role you will leverage creative marketing and sales tactics to prospect and engage with multiple buyer personas and roles to introduce GitLab’s value. You will be responsible for generating qualified meetings and pipeline for the GitLab’s Sales organization. Our SDRs come from a diverse background many have worked closing roles previously or managed teams.
We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
- Executing strategic outbound prospecting initiatives as well as effectively manage inbound lead flow
- Collaborate with and leverage teammates to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities
- Utilize business and industry knowledge to research accounts, identify key players, generate interest, create/identify compelling events, and develop accounts
- Conduct discovery conversations in target accounts
- Meet or exceed SDR sourced Sales Accepted Opportunity (SAO) volume targets and Pipeline value targets
- Work to have a variety of touches (call, email, social, etc.) on all leads in your assigned territory using Outreach.io
- Manage, track, and report on all activities and results using Salesforce
- Participate in documenting all processes in the GitLab handbook and update as needed with your Sales Development Manager
- Work in collaboration with Field and Corporate Marketing to drive attendance at regional marketing events
- Act as a mentor for new SDR hires in helping them navigate their key accounts
- Work in collaboration with Digital Marketing to develop targeted marketing tactics against your assigned target accounts
- We’re a diverse team and we’re looking for you to bring your own unique flavor to the SDR role!
- Excited by the prospect of working cross-functionally with sales and different marketing departments. You'll have exposure to different departments like Sales, Marketing, Finance, Recruiting, Enablement, Engineering, etc. which will help you determine your career path at GitLab.
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- A self-starter with a track record of successful, credible achievements
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Knowledge of business process, roles, and organizational structure, particular to a specific regional market is a plus
- Determined personality with a desire to grow and win
- Passionate about being a part of GitLab’s journey
- Proficient in using Salesforce and LinkedIn
- 2+ years work experience in a professional environment
- Previous tech industry experience or experience in sales development, marketing and/or sales is a plus
- Outbound prospecting experience
- Experience working with partners is a plus
- Globally we require excellent written and spoken English which is our company language
- As our team is growing we will be also looking for native/bilingual level of any of the following languages: French, German, Spanish, Italian, Arabic and or Russian
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with one of our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the SDR Manager for the region they have applied for
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an interview with a regional leader
- Following successful interviews, candidates will then be invited to complete a final writing assessment
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via phone or video
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.