The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,700+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.A brief overview:
You will work 1:1 with a Product Manager and be embedded in our Growth: Activation group as a Product Designer or Senior Product Designer at GitLab. The Growth section focuses on unlocking the value of GitLab for as many customers and potential customers as possible. The Growth team pays close attention to the experiences users have with buying and trialing GitLab, as well as key product experiences that a user must have with the product in order to understand the value of GitLab as a DevOps lifecycle application.
The Activation team's goal is to drive more paid conversions. Your work will ensure any new GitLab user can understand the value of GitLab early in their usage so they are motivated to continue using our platform.What you can expect in a Product Designer / Senior Product Designer, Distribution role at GitLab:
- You'll utilize wireframes, prototypes, sketches, user flows, mockups, hi-fidelity visual designs, and any other artifacts you believe are necessary to convey your design thinking and ideas.
- You'll engage with our user base and the wider GitLab community to understand their pain points and work toward long-term fixes that enable them to achieve their goals.
- You'll leverage solution validation studies to validate your solutions and proposed directions.
- You'll understand the Growth team’s KPIs and continuously look for high impact UX work that will meet business objectives while providing a great user experience.
- You'll gain familiarity with the end-to-end experience of GitLab, including a deep understanding of new and existing user journeys and a-ha moments.
- You'll participate in the experimentation process, including assisting Product Managers with crafting hypotheses, designing experiments, and interpreting results.
- You'll work with Product Managers to prioritize the experiment backlog using the ICE Framework.
- You'll develop a working understanding of GitLab’s experimentation capabilities.
- You'll understand how to use quantitative and qualitative data to drive design decisions, and understand the values and shortcomings of each.
- You'll understand the breadth of user personas of GitLab customers, including both buyer and user personas of different stages.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the Product Designer workflow by reading our handbook.
- You bring experience as a Product Designer or Senior Product Designer in a Growth-related team or project.
- You've conducted AB tests.
- You've got some experience in a development environment. You can demonstrate this through your hands-on coding experience or your experience with Git, the terminal, or a command-line interface.
- You enjoy getting involved in discovery research and solution validation, and you continually look to improve your user research abilities.
- You're able to showcase work that shows us your ability to create the deliverables required for this role. For example, JTBD, competitive evaluations, low fidelity wireframes, high fidelity mockups, prototypes, journey maps, storyboards, design vision, and so on.
- You're able to effectively collaborate with Product Managers, UX Researchers, and Engineering partners.
- The idea of playing a part in the evolution of our Pajamas Design System is truly exciting to you.
- Our values of Collaboration, Results, Efficiency, Diversity, Iteration, and Transparency resonate with you.
- You'll thrive in an environment where self-learning and self-service are encouraged and instilled as a part of our culture.
The culture at GitLab is something we're incredibly proud of. You'll spend your time collaborating with kind, talented, and motivated colleagues from across the world.
Some of the benefits you'll be entitled to vary by the region or country you're in. However, all GitLab team members are fully remote and receive a no ask, must tell paid-time-off policy, where we don't count the number of days you take off annually.
You can work incredibly flexible hours, enabled by our asynchronous approach to communication. We'll also help you set up your home office environment, pay for your membership to a co-working space, and, every year or so, we'll invite you to our Contribute event.Our hiring process and compensation:
The hiring process for this Product Designer position typically follows five stages. The details of this process can be found at the bottom of our job family page. Our compensation calculator will be shared with candidates selected for a screening call.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.