Sales Development Representative (4PL Services)
German American Chambers of Commerce
Our client is the US subsidiary of a leading international provider of supply chain optimization solutions. The company offers consulting services, custom supply chain management software and fourth-party logistics (4PL) mangaged services to clients across a broad range of industries.
They are currently seeking a Sales Development Representative to drive new business opportunities for the company’s 4PL managed services, consulting services and logistics management software solutions in the local market. He/she will serve as an integral player in a collaborative, cross-functional team and will have the opportunity to make realworld contributions to solving complex logistics challenges.
• Prospect and qualify sales leads via various channels, including cold-calling, virtual outreach and attendance at relevant trade shows, conferences and other forums. Respond to RFQs/RFPs as appropriate.
• Ensure smooth hand-off of viable sales leads to relevant in-house subject matter experts based on service(s) of interest. Accompany and support Sales colleagues on initial on-site meetings at target accounts.
• Work closely with Marketing team to optimize the effectiveness of messaging and collateral used in lead generation activities, e.g. for conferences/trade shows as well as virtual campaigns on platforms such as LinkedIn.
• Re-engage former customers and ‘cold’ leads to re-introduce services and assess sales potential.
• Provide company with competitive insights into market trends and strategic developments at target customers gained via lead generation activities.
• Continuously develop industry knowledge on general supply chain management/logistics topics and stay abreast of best practices in the field.
• 2+ years of Sales experience focused on supply chain planning/design or transportation management.
• Expertise in relevant Sales methodologies, processes and techniques used for successful lead generation and qualification.• Bachelor's Degree in relevant business or technical discipline or equivalent experience in the fields of industrial engineering, operations research or supply chain management. A Master’s degree would be of value.
• Strong general understanding of logistics and supply chain management ideally coupled with subject-matter expertise in the fields of 3PL/4PL services and/or software solutions for logistics-related operational processes.
• Excellent communication (written/oral) and presentation skills; candidates should be able to articulate key messages clearly and explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
• High degree of self-motivation and creativity coupled with an inherent drive to learn new things and tackle challenges.
• Ability to think conceptually on-the-fly.
• Adaptive to change and comfortable in a fast-changing technology environment.