Flipp is a pre-IPO company on a mission to help shoppers provide for their families by making life more affordable by leveraging technology. We work with the largest retailers and manufacturers in the world to help them transform their businesses and connect them with millions of shoppers through our next-generation digital shopping marketplace. Our award-winning Flipp app is used by millions of shoppers every week to make better purchase decisions and to save 20-40% off their bills.
With the recent increase in costs of living, Flipp’s mission has never been more relevant. Flipp’s Shopper Consideration Platform allows retailers and manufacturers to create digital experiences from their savings & deals content. These experiences help Shoppers decide what to buy and where to buy it. Flipp then connects those retailer and manufacturer experiences to millions of shoppers through Flipp’s owned and operated channels.
We’re looking for an experienced technical leader with expertise in designing data systems to lead and drive the technical vision of our data solutions. This individual will have a deep understanding of different data stacks, and experience translating billions of data points into valuable insights and crafting a technical roadmap for our data teams. You will work closely with our data engineering teams to unlock the value of Flipp’s Audience and Content data capabilities.What you'll get the opportunity to do:
- Research future technical direction and recommend capability direction, then lead change across teams. Identify future trends, and direct which technologies the team should be investing in supporting
- Design data architecture implementations; guide the senior data engineers on each team to have high-quality designs
- Advise, counsel, and review the direction of team engineering implementations so that they have high-quality approaches and implementations, and we have a unified approach to development
- Implement data engineering systems to assist specific teams or solve cross-team problems when necessary implementations are too challenging for a team in the given timelines, or have a wide impact and require a higher quality bar.
- 10+ years in Software Development with a focus on data engineering and data systems
- 5+ years working in Big data systems as a Senior Data Engineer
- Technical leadership with all aspects of the software development lifecycle from design, and creation to maintenance and iteration
- Experience architecting data lake solutions, data warehousing, and batch and real-time data processing pipelines
From working with top technologies to sending you to industry-leading conferences, we will make sure you have all that you need to expand your knowledge and grow your career. We have a trust-based culture where all team members are empowered to work in the way that’s best for them to thrive.
Our culture is at the centre of all that we do, and it has been recognized through numerous accolades over the past three years including Best Workplaces in Canada, Deloitte 50 Best Managed, Best Workplaces in Canada for Women, Most Admired CEO and Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in working with us on the future of shopping, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. While experience and skill sets are valuable, growth potential and attitudes are equally important. If you’re prepared to grow dramatically with your team at a world-class learning organization, consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Flipp is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.