Flipp is a pre-IPO company on a mission to help shoppers provide for their families by making life more affordable by leveraging technology. We work with the largest retailers and manufacturers in the world to help them transform their business and connect them with millions of shoppers through our next-generation digital shopping marketplace. Our award-winning Flipp app is used by millions of shoppers every week to make better purchase decisions and to save 20-40% off their bills.
With the recent increase in costs of living, Flipp’s mission has never been more relevant. Flipp’s Shopper Consideration Platform allows retailers and manufacturers to create digital experiences from their savings & deals content. These experiences help Shoppers decide what to buy and where to buy it. Flipp then connects those retailer and manufacturer experiences to millions of shoppers through Flipp’s owned and operated channels.
We're looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Data Platform team which is responsible for delivering a reliable and robust cloud data platform that spans multiple services across the portfolio. This team Plays a key role in defining, communicating, and executing the product vision and strategy. Leads cross-functional teams to define and deliver compelling new products and features which solve business and customer problems. Drives the entire product life cycle from ideation to GTM with the end-to-end success of the product in mind. Develops the product requirements and roadmaps, as well as incorporates feedback from customers into the product strategy. Works on multi-dimensional and complex business problems with an acumen to stretch beyond their immediate focus area. Motivates and inspires a development team to drive towards team KPIs. Mentors others on product management best practices and actively participates in internal product management discussion forums.
In this role, you'll get the opportunity to:
- Drive the planning, execution, validation, iteration, and success measurement of key initiatives by helping to define business and project requirements that support Flipps’ overall business strategy and annual plans.
- Understand and articulate the problems to be solved and oversee the entire product development process - from product ideation to product release.
- Refine product vision and strategy by contributing to various strategic planning frameworks (PEST, SWOT, etc.) and being the voice of the customer.
- Frame customer problems to explain why improvements are needed, and how they fit into the product vision/strategy.
- Evangelize the product vision & strategy to get buy-in up-down-across the organization (up to leaders, down to development teams and across to peers & stakeholders).
- Translate complex technical problems into simple examples and communications for non-technical audiences
- Collaborate with other product managers to ensure consistency and compatibility across all Flipp products.
- Lead the development team to apply the product development process to discover customer problems, identify solutions, validate those solutions with customers, and execute on validated solutions to deliver a compelling product.
- Work with the Product Designer to validate potential solutions with customers
- Lead the development team to ‘productize’ the feature set to avoid delivering custom one-off solutions.
- Lead the team to define & refine the team’s milestones & KPIs
- Work with the Product Marketing team to effectively represent the product to shoppers and merchants
- Support the team by describing & documenting the feature’s intended functionality.
- Communicate the business value that is delivered at the end of every sprint.
- Identify risks & blockers and manage them to mitigate their impact.
- Work with the development team to drive agility and continuous improvement to velocity.
- Partner with Data Science/Analytics to properly size an opportunity.
- Define key metrics to measure feature success or failure; ensure measurement is done on every feature, make go/no go decisions based on measurements.
- Work with the development team & Data Science/Analytics teams to ensure all KPIs are measurable & actively tracked.
- Manage stakeholder expectations across all levels of the organization using clear and consistent communications; tailor messaging based on the target audience and communicate clearly the roadmap choices made and their pros/cons.
- Works cross-functionally with engineering, marketing, design, BD and other departments to develop strong relationships that allow for the smooth and efficient flow of product activities and the establishment of trust.
- Work with various business teams as key stakeholders to the product.
- Develop working relationships with customers to facilitate product discovery.
- Work with business teams to determine optimal product positioning & messaging for the purposes of product/feature go-to-market, customer education and re-engagement.
- Communicate progress on milestones to the entire company on a regular basis.
- Communicate weekly status updates to senior leadership stakeholders.
- Gain a deep understanding of customers’ needs & problems through data analysis, customer interviews, product discovery sessions, direct input from stakeholders, attending industry conferences, and conducting research.
- Work with the Market Research team to conduct research and obtain consumer feedback to craft products and features.
- Regularly perform product and competitive analyses which are used to recommend strategies that improve the product’s market position and improve quality over product competition.
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and cross-functional teams to shape requirements, features and end products
- Work with Engineering and Product Design to function effectively as a cohesive team.
- Monitor team health and take measures to address any team health issues.
- Review with the development team the progress made against team milestones on a regular basis.
- Manage & motivate the team by giving them visibility into the business needs and connecting it to the areas where the team can deliver an impact through high quality solutions.
What you'll bring to the team:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other relevant field
- 5+ years of tech industry experience
- 4+ years of software product management experience taking B2C/B2B products to market and seeing them through many iterations.
- Strong analysis skills: Understands what questions to ask to challenge the data and conclusions of others and where to ask them.
- Strong bias to action: being able to take insights from analysis and apply and execute with excellence.
- Takes a data-driven approach in decision making (via KPIs and metrics). Has a good grasp of the tools at their disposal, and can utilize data to derive the correct conclusions.
- Excellent communicator: Strong listening, verbal, visual, and written communication. Presents confidently and can sell ideas. Can read a room and adjust appropriately. Documents meetings, actions, ideas, etc. in a way that is easy to follow and understand. Manages stakeholders and partners effectively.
- Comfortable navigating through conflicting priorities, turning ambiguity into clarity in a fast-changing environment.
- Good at positioning features/benefits for customers. Can sell their product effectively to internal and external stakeholders. Anticipates objections and helps sales position or objection handle. Creates simplicity out of complexity.
Good to have:
- Experience with domains, developer tools, APIs, or infrastructure products
- Technical understanding of AWS Cloud infrastructure and data capabilities (data infrastructure, eventing, data engineering, analytics capabilities, dashboarding and querying languages)
Here’s how we work:
From working with top technologies to sending you to industry-leading conferences, we will make sure you have all that you need to expand your knowledge and grow your career. We have a trust-based culture where all team members are empowered to work in the way that’s best for them to thrive.
Our culture is at the centre of all that we do, and it has been recognized through numerous accolades over the past three years including Best Workplaces in Canada, Deloitte 50 Best Managed, Best Workplaces in Canada for Women, Most Admired CEO and Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in working with us on the future of shopping, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. While experience and skill sets are valuable, growth potential and attitudes are equally important. If you’re prepared to grow dramatically with your team at a world-class learning organization, consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Flipp is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.