Flipp is a pre-IPO company on a mission to help shoppers provide for their families by making life more affordable by leveraging technology. We work with the largest retailers and manufacturers in the world to help them transform their business and connect them with millions of shoppers through our next-generation digital shopping marketplace. Our award-winning Flipp app is used by millions of shoppers every week to make better purchase decisions and to save 20-40% off their bills.
With the recent increase in costs of living, Flipp’s mission has never been more relevant. Flipp’s Shopper Consideration Platform allows retailers and manufacturers to create digital experiences from their savings & deals content. These experiences help Shoppers decide what to buy and where to buy it. Flipp then connects those retailer and manufacturer experiences to millions of shoppers through Flipp’s owned and operated channels.
We're looking for a Sr. Machine Learning Scientist to create capabilities and launch ML products into production that lead to automated decision making in the Flipp product to drive revenue or automate manual processes to reduce operational costs. In this role, you will work within the AI team and collaborate with our Product and Engineering teams to further the use and understanding of machine learning across the organization. Lastly, you will mentor Machine Learning Scientists while raising the standard for machine learning amongst the team.What you'll get the opportunity to do:
- Coordinate with the data engineering and architecture teams to design solutions for launching successful ML products into production
- Build predictive models of user behaviours to power production systems and move key business metrics
- Develop prototypes and approaches that leverage advanced statistical and machine learning algorithms
- Perform code reviews and provide constructive feedback for other team members
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, or related quantitative field
- 4+ years of relevant experience in data science or similar field
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Spark)
- Experience in working with Scala, Spark, Python, R and related big data technologies
- Experience with recommendation systems & personalization
- Experience with Natural Language Processing and Computer Vision
- Experience constructing data models using predictive analytics & strong statistics knowledge
- Experience doing quantitative analysis
From working with top technologies to sending you to industry-leading conferences, we will make sure you have all that you need to expand your knowledge and grow your career. We have a trust-based culture where all team members are empowered to work in the way that’s best for them to thrive.
Our culture is at the centre of all that we do, and it has been recognized through numerous accolades over the past three years including Best Workplaces in Canada, Deloitte 50 Best Managed, Best Workplaces in Canada for Women, Most Admired CEO and Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in working with us on the future of shopping, fill out the fields below and submit your application. While experience and skill sets are valuable, growth potential and attitudes are equally important. If you’re prepared to grow dramatically with your team at a world-class learning organization, consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Flipp is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.