Flipp is a pre-IPO company on a mission to help shoppers provide for their families by making life more affordable by leveraging technology. We work with the largest retailers and manufacturers in the world to help them transform their business and connect them with millions of shoppers through our next-generation digital shopping marketplace. Our award-winning Flipp app is used by millions of shoppers every week to make better purchase decisions and to save 20-40% off their bills.
With the recent increase in costs of living, Flipp’s mission has never been more relevant. Flipp’s Shopper Consideration Platform allows retailers and manufacturers to create digital experiences from their savings & deals content. These experiences help Shoppers decide what to buy and where to buy it. Flipp then connects those retailer and manufacturer experiences to millions of shoppers through Flipp’s owned and operated channels.
Works within an engineering team to design and develop data processing platforms and frameworks for Data Science, Engineering and Analytics organization. Provides technical leadership to the team and guides the team in making technical decisions and developing solutions that meet good data processing standards.
Data Infrastructure Design
- Oversee, design, and develop real-time and batch processing data processing data frameworks
- Develop and manage scalable data processing platforms used by Data Science, Engineering and Analytics organizations
- Designing architectural improvements to an event-driven microservice architecture
- Researching industry standards and determining the proper technologies the team should use to solve problems and implement features
- Consult with Data Science and Analytics management to provide best practices for data modeling
- Breaking down large features and projects into manageable units of work to distribute to the rest of the team
- Oversee and develop data pipelines through collection, storage, transformation and normalization of large data sets.
- Identifying and reducing technical debt by contributing solutions and building business value arguments
- Planning and estimating features the roadmap to determine the next sprint goals
- Fixing bugs and refactoring to improve Flipp internal and open source packages
- Writing and designing automated unit and integration test strategies
- Developing and enhancing continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines for the team
- Analyzing datasets and automating quality and validity checks to determine if the goals of stakeholders are met
- Design and develop proper data governance approaches by ensuring security, integrity and auditability standards are met
- Mentoring Junior and Intermediate engineers
- Performing code reviews and providing constructive feedback for other team members
- Providing support for critical issues in production by responding quickly and finding solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, or related quantitative field
- 5+ years of working in a Data engineering department with experience writing ETL’s on big data platforms such as Hadoop, HDFS, Kafka
- 5+ years of designing and managing big data platforms such as Hadoop, Kafka or cloud based managed solutions.
- 3+ years of experience working with data processing languages such as pySpark, Hive, Scala Spark
- Track record of shipping quality code and delivering high quality features
- High growth expectations for yourself and your team, and a willingness to push yourself and your team to achieve them
Here’s how we work:
From working with top technologies to sending you to industry-leading conferences, we will make sure you have all that you need to expand your knowledge and grow your career. We have a trust-based culture where all team members are empowered to work in the way that’s best for them to thrive.
Our culture is at the centre of all that we do, and it has been recognized through numerous accolades over the past three years including Best Workplaces in Canada, Deloitte 50 Best Managed, Best Workplaces in Canada for Women, Most Admired CEO and Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in working with us on the future of shopping, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. While experience and skill sets are valuable, growth potential and attitudes are equally important. If you’re prepared to grow dramatically with your team at a world-class learning organization, consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Flipp is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran