Working location: Flexible
Work term commitment: A minimum of 4 months beginning Winter 2023 (January)
Flipp is a pre-IPO company on a mission to help shoppers provide for their families by making life more affordable by leveraging technology. We work with the largest retailers and manufacturers in the world to help them transform their business and connect them with tens of millions of shoppers through the next generation digital shopping marketplace. Our award-winning Flipp app is used by millions of shoppers every week to make better purchase decisions and to save 20-40% off their bills.
With the recent increase in costs of living, Flipp’s mission has never been more relevant. Flipp’s Shopper Consideration Platform allows retailers and manufacturers to create digital experiences from their savings & deals content. These experiences help Shoppers decide what to buy and where to buy it. Flipp then connects those retail and manufacturer experiences to millions of shoppers through Flipp’s owned and operated channels.
Here's why students from across Canada choose Flipp!
The Sales Intern will join our Business Development team in strengthening our relationships with North America’s largest retailers (Walmart, Home Depot, JCPenney, Canadian Tire, Lowe’s, etc) and help our partners tackle their number one strategic objective of increasing store trips. The Sales Intern will work with the BD team on the execution of retailer’s digital media campaigns and strategic projects, analyses and reporting, and building PowerPoint assets for our top Retailer partners, to continue to prove to them the success of Flipp technology in driving traffic to their stores. This role will allow you to work cross functionally with Flipp’s Operations, Finance, Creative and Insights team, giving you the opportunity to learn about Flipp and the retail industry as a whole. You will also have the opportunity to develop your strategic mindset and presentation skills by creating a business case of your choice to Flipp’s Sr. Business Development Leadership team.
The key aspects to bringing success to this position are persistence, adaptability and drive! If you can keep up with our fast-paced, ever changing environment, we’d love to chat with you!
- Opportunity to work with North America’s largest retailers and get an understanding of the retail landscape in both Canada and the US
- Experience the culture of working in one of Canada’s fasting growing technology companies
- Learn from the pro’s and become a pro yourself in deck building, pipeline management and analysis using key programs (PowerPoint, Salesforce, Excel)
- Build internal relationships with our Flipp teams (Operations, Insights and Analytics, Finance, Creative) by working on multiple cross-functional projects
- Work on your pitching style by receiving ongoing practice, feedback and coaching from the BD team
- Strengthen your understanding of Digital Media and the competitive landscape (Facebook, Google Display/Search, etc).
What you bring to the team:
- The fresh perspective of a soon to be graduate from a University/College program focused in marketing, sales, or communications and wants to take on a rewarding and challenging career
- You have a strong interest in the tech and/or retail industries, and want to grow your career in sales, account management or strategy
- You have a desire to learn and build on fundamental sales capabilities (i.e. Salesforce, PowerPoint, Excel, Pitching etc.)
- You have exceptional communication skills. You are a natural storyteller and have a knack for building relationships.
- You are analytical. You can manipulate data and create compelling stories and insights based on a set of numbers.
- You are a people person. You jump at any opportunity to meet new people and have a desire to hear their story.
- You need to be a great problem solver - we like to hire people who can think through problems and develop solutions quickly
- You have big picture thinking. You can easily connect the dots and identify how your daily tasks contribute to the bigger picture
- You can keep up with an agile environment. You are adaptable and can deal with ever-changing requirements.
- You aren't afraid to fail. Every experience is an opportunity to learn and grow.
- You are obsessively organized. To do lists, sticky notes and spreadsheets are your go-to. You always know your next move and the move after that.
Here's how we work:
From working with top technologies to sending you to industry-leading conferences, we will make sure you have all that you need to expand your knowledge and grow your career. We have a trust-based culture where all team members are empowered to work in the way that’s best for them to thrive.
Our culture is at the center of all that we do, and it has been recognized through numerous accolades over the past three years including: Best Workplaces in Canada, Deloitte 50 Best Managed, Best Workplaces in Canada for Women, Most Admired CEO and Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
How to apply:
If you’re interested in working with us on the future of shopping, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application.
While experience and skill sets are valuable, growth potential and attitudes are equally important. If you’re prepared to grow with your team at a world-class learning organization, consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Flipp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.