Flipp is a pre-IPO company on a mission to help shoppers provide for their families by making life more affordable by leveraging technology. We work with the largest retailers and manufacturers in the world to help them transform their business and connect them with tens of millions of shoppers through the next generation digital shopping marketplace. Our award-winning Flipp app is used by millions of shoppers every week to make better purchase decisions and to save 20-40% off their bills.
With the recent increase in costs of living, Flipp’s mission has never been more relevant. Flipp’s Shopper Consideration Platform allows retailers and manufacturers to create digital experiences from their savings & deals content. These experiences help Shoppers decide what to buy and where to buy it. Flipp then connects those retail and manufacturer experiences to millions of shoppers through Flipp’s owned and operated channelsAbout the role:
As a Product Marketing Lead, you will be responsible for representing the voice of our Brand partners. You'll act as a conduit between our internal and external teams to ensure that Flipp’s Shopper Consideration Platform is building products and go-to-market strategies that meet the needs of the Brands we work with.A successful Product Marketing Lead will be able to:
- Develop a strong understanding of the Brand advertising ecosystem, market, target audiences, customer problems/pain points and desired outcomes.
- Define target segments and craft positioning/messaging that develops Flipp as a thought leader in the Brand Advertising landscape and a solution in the problem space that is important to our customers.
- Collaborate with Product, Sales and Marketing teams in order to identify new opportunities and drive product strategies, roadmaps, awareness and adoption
- Build a trusted partnership with Product and business leaders to ensure everyone is aligned through clear understanding of customer experience and outcomes, streamlined process and shared goals.
- Drive value for our Shoppers and Brands through Flipp’s Shopper Consideration Platform
- Drive incremental revenue for the Brand Partnerships team
- Create internal empathy for our external Brand Partners
- Understanding (Analysis & Research)
- Partner with other Product Marketers, Sales, Product and Research teams to gain a deeper understanding of customers, competitors and the marketing. What problems are we solving for who?
- Collect market feedback from customer facing teams and translate into actionable insights leading to product enhancements and white space product opportunities.
- Validate if the value we planned on delivering is being delivered - did what we sell live up to the value proposition?
- Partner with Product on creating a roadmap that delivers on identified problems and strategy and can be communicated both internally and externally.
- Work with guidance with the Product Marketing Manager & Brand Platform Prost leadership to:
- Create and execute a strategy to position Flipp’s Shopper Consideration Platform as a thought leader Brand Advertising industry
- Craft positioning of Flipp’s brand and Brand products including defining our target segments, core value proposition, sales narrative, position in the market relative to competition and expectations
- Partner with Product Marketing Manager and other Product Marketers, Sales and Product in order to develop pricing strategies, ensuring cohesion amongst products
- Ensure that all positioning is complementary to the Retail team’s positioning
- Go-to-Market - Product Launches / Sales & Marketing Enablement
- Successfully manage the formal internal and external launch of all new Brand products, consulting with Product, Marketing and Sales.
- Pilot test & learn programs during Pre-GTM phase to validate market fit
- Develop programs/campaigns for new product launches, including owning the sales narrative, and partnering with Marketing and Sales teams to determine how to best amplify our products/features to drive awareness and adoption.
- Develop programs/campaigns for existing customers, partnering with Marketing and Sales teams, with the goal of driving incremental revenue through increased budgets and sellthrough.
- Create sales collateral such as: business cases/case studies, sales presentations, demonstrations, evaluation methods, strategy change talk tracks, thought leadership content creation
- Alignment & Planning
- Be a self starter team player who can lead, coordinate and drive successful alignment across wide cross-functional teams, including Product, Marketing, Sales, Data and Content, with some guidance from manager
- Drive cross-functional alignment throughout the go-to-market process, tracking overall impact of launches to the business including success and adoption metrics.
- Develop a process to understand market and product readiness, before deployment to external teams. Define when at which stages products are ready for testing, pre GTM, broad GTM and sunset.
- Ensure we understand what success looks like cross functionally and define the win states and desired outcomes to help focus and align teams.
- 3+ years in business development or product / product marketing roles
- Strong understanding of the digital advertising landscape
- Experience working cross functionally with sales, marketing and product teams and track record of influencing behavior in these orgs
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or marketing
- Strong work ethic and aptitude to creative problem solve and manage situations effectively
- Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Experience working in retail or CPG industry preferred
From working with top technologies to sending you to industry-leading conferences, we will make sure you have all that you need to expand your knowledge and grow your career. We have a trust-based culture where all team members are empowered to work in the way that’s best for them to thrive.
Our culture is at the center of all that we do, and it has been recognized through numerous accolades over the past three years including: Best Workplaces in Canada, Deloitte 50 Best Managed, Best Workplaces in Canada for Women, Most Admired CEO and Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Here's how to apply:If you’re interested in working with us on the future of shopping, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. While experience and skillsets are valuable, growth potential and attitudes are equally important. If you’re prepared to grow drastically with your team at a world-class learning organization, consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Flipp is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.