Flipp is a pre-IPO company on a mission to help shoppers provide for their families by making life more affordable by leveraging technology. We work with the largest retailers and manufacturers in the world to help them transform their business and connect them with millions of shoppers through our next-generation digital shopping marketplace. Our award-winning Flipp app is used by millions of shoppers every week to make better purchase decisions and to save 20-40% off their bills.
With the recent increase in costs of living, Flipp’s mission has never been more relevant. Flipp’s Shopper Consideration Platform allows retailers and manufacturers to create digital experiences from their savings & deals content. These experiences help Shoppers decide what to buy and where to buy it. Flipp then connects those retailer and manufacturer experiences to millions of shoppers through Flipp’s owned and operated channels.
Works with the Product, Engineering, and Analytics teams to further the use and understanding of data across the organization. Create capabilities and analyses that can be leveraged to further the overall strength of data products and data driven decision making across Flipp. Mentor machine learning scientists while raising the standard for machine learning amongst the team.
- Framing and evaluating experiment results in order to inform product owners of current or future data science capability impact
- Communicating experiment results and opportunities to product teams
- Provide consultation and education to product teams to increase buy-in on data-driven collaboration opportunities
Exploratory & Statistical Analysis
- Perform advanced analyses of user behaviour and operational content data to identify and understand data science opportunities, frame problems, and prototype solutions that drive key business metrics from an ambiguous problem spacere commendation systems, bayesian statistics, segmentation, NLP and deep learning.
- Mentoring junior/intermediate machine learning scientists in their learning and development
- Providing guidance to team members in problem framing, technical approach and code by providing engaged and constructive feedback with an ownership mindset to all work quality that is output by the team
- Providing support to the data science leadership team in identifying potential challenges and discussing optionality to overcome them
- Effectively building and communicating technical strategies with built-in optionality to leadership by leaning on skills in scenario analysis, under
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, or related quantitative field
- 4+ years of relevant experience in data science focused on machine learning or similar field
- Experience doing quantitative analysis
- Experience in working with Scala, Spark, Python, R and related big data technologies
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Spark)
- Experience constructing data models using predictive analytics & strong statistics knowledge
- Experience with recommendation systems & personalization
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Ability to communicate the results of analysis
- Strong passion for empirical research and data driven decisions
- Deep knowledge in data mining and machine learning
- Data visualization experience to present findings at the appropriate level of detail for product teams.
Here’s how we work:
From working with top technologies to sending you to industry-leading conferences, we will make sure you have all that you need to expand your knowledge and grow your career. We have a trust-based culture where all team members are empowered to work in the way that’s best for them to thrive.
Our culture is at the centre of all that we do, and it has been recognized through numerous accolades over the past three years including Best Workplaces in Canada, Deloitte 50 Best Managed, Best Workplaces in Canada for Women, Most Admired CEO and Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in working with us on the future of shopping, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. While experience and skill sets are valuable, growth potential and attitudes are equally important. If you’re prepared to grow dramatically with your team at a world-class learning organization, consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Flipp is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.