Flipp is a retail technology company that is reinventing the way people shop. We work with the largest retailers and manufacturers in the world to help them transform their business and connect them with tens of millions of shoppers through the next generation digital shopping marketplace. Our award-winning Flipp app is used by millions of shoppers every week to make better purchase decisions and to save 20-40% off their bill.We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our team! In this role, you will work within an engineering team to design and develop data processing platforms and software frameworks for Data Science, Engineering and Analytics organizations.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Design and implement real-time and batch data processing frameworks
- Develop and manage scalable data processing platforms used by Data Science, Engineering and Analytics organizations
- Consult with Data Science and Analytics to provide best practices for data modeling
- Implement and maintain data pipelines through collection, storage, transformation and normalization of large data sets.
- Planning and estimating features the roadmap to determine the next sprint goals
- Fixing bugs and refactoring to improve Flipp internal and open source package
- Design and implement automated unit and integration test strategies
- Analyzing datasets and automating data quality checks to ensure top-notch data quality and consistency
- Develop proper data governance approaches by ensuring security, integrity and auditability standards are met
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience writing ETLs on big data platforms such as Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, Kafka
- 2+ years of designing and managing big data platforms such as Hadoop, Kafka or cloud based managed solutions.
- 2+ years of experience working with data processing languages such as pySpark, Hive, Scala & Spark
- Track record of shipping quality code and delivering high quality features
- High growth expectations for yourself and your team, and a willingness to push yourself and your team to achieve them
Here’s how we work:
From working with top technologies to sending you to industry-leading conferences, we will make sure you have all that you need to expand your knowledge and grow your career. We have a trust-based culture where all team members are empowered to work in the way that’s best for them to thrive.
Our culture is at the center of all that we do, and it has been recognized through numerous accolades over the past three years including: Best Workplaces in Canada, Deloitte 50 Best Managed, Best Workplaces in Canada for Women, Most Admired CEO and Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in working with us on the future of shopping, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. While experience and skill sets are valuable, growth potential and attitudes are equally important. If you’re prepared to grow dramatically with your team at a world-class learning organization, consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Flipp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.