Flipp is a pre-IPO company on a mission to help shoppers provide for their families by making life more affordable by leveraging technology. We work with the largest retailers and manufacturers in the world to help them transform their business and connect them with millions of shoppers through our next-generation digital shopping marketplace. Our award-winning Flipp app is used by millions of shoppers every week to make better purchase decisions and to save 20-40% off their bills.
With the recent increase in costs of living, Flipp’s mission has never been more relevant. Flipp’s Shopper Consideration Platform allows retailers and manufacturers to create digital experiences from their savings & deals content. These experiences help Shoppers decide what to buy and where to buy it. Flipp then connects those retailer and manufacturer experiences to millions of shoppers through Flipp’s owned and operated channels.
Works within an engineering team to design and develop data processing platforms and software frameworks for Data Science, Engineering and Analytics organizations.
Data Infrastructure Design
- Participate in design of real-time and batch data pipelines
- Develop and manage scalable data processing platforms used by Data Science, Engineering and Analytics organizations
- Consult with Data Science and Analytics management to provide best practices for data modeling
- Implement and maintain data pipelines through collection, storage, transformation and normalization of large data sets.
- Planning and estimating features the roadmap to determine the next sprint goals
- Fixing bugs and refactoring to improve Flipp internal and open source packages
- Develop proper data governance approaches by ensuring security, integrity and auditability standards are met
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, or related quantitative field
- 0-2 years of experience with data modeling, data warehouses, and/or ETL/ELT pipelines
- 0-2 years of experience with programming languages like Scala, Python, Java
- Able to ask questions to challenge the data and conclusions of others.
- Experienced communicator: Competent listening, verbal, visual, and written communication.
- Comfortable with presenting their ideas. Documents meetings, actions, Experience with big data frameworks like Spark, Kafka, Flink, Hive, Hadoop, Pig
- Has an analytical mindset and ensures delivery of quality code
- High growth expectations for yourself and your team, and a willingness to push yourself and your team to achieve them
Here’s how we work:
From working with top technologies to sending you to industry-leading conferences, we will make sure you have all that you need to expand your knowledge and grow your career. We have a trust-based culture where all team members are empowered to work in the way that’s best for them to thrive.
Our culture is at the centre of all that we do, and it has been recognized through numerous accolades over the past three years including Best Workplaces in Canada, Deloitte 50 Best Managed, Best Workplaces in Canada for Women, Most Admired CEO and Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in working with us on the future of shopping, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. While experience and skill sets are valuable, growth potential and attitudes are equally important. If you’re prepared to grow dramatically with your team at a world-class learning organization, consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Flipp is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.