Headquarters: Birmingham, Alabama
As a Product Quality Analyst at Fleetio, your job is to participate in building remarkable solutions for complex problems. You’ll achieve this by assessing our products' business functionality, design, usability, and overall quality. You’ll be the voice of the customer and champion the user experience in everything you do. You’ll own the Fleetio standard for quality and play a major role in helping us create value for our customers.
In this role, your focus will be on our native iOS and Android applications. You’ll help facilitate the mobile release cycle and have a deep understanding of how Fleetio’s platforms integrate as a whole. In addition, you’ll collaborate with several other Fleetio teams to help identify, troubleshoot, recreate, and resolve issues and escalations on all platforms.
We’re looking for a highly organized, observant, and persistent team member. This person notices the little things and sweats the small stuff. They excel at understanding complex business problems, can pinpoint the root cause of issues, can identify inconsistencies in design and functionality, and can articulate trade-offs and communicate difficult feedback. Remember to mention coffee in your application so we know you read this.
Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations worldwide manage their fleet operations. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up daily.
More about our team and company:
What you’ll be doing
- Lead and champion product quality and user experience
- Ensure timely and high-quality release of our features to our customers
- Build customer trust by contributing to the improvement of the software quality
- Manage multiple testing initiatives for both new features and iterative enhancements primarily in our mobile apps with opportunities to assist in testing web applications and APIs
- Partner with Software Engineers and help build a comprehensive automated test suite
- Specialize in QA testing for our native iOS and Android applications
- Play a part in the mobile release cycle on iOS and Android
- Collaborate with the Product Management, Product Marketing, Design, and Engineering teams to validate product specifications
- Work closely with the Engineering teams to identify and resolve escalated issues within the product
- Suggest opportunities for process improvements across the team, especially as it relates to mobile-specific release processes
What’s in it for you
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. We’re a customer-centric team with a great product, excellent support, and countless happy customers.
- Work remotely (within the United States) or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. About half of our product, engineering, and design teams work remotely, and as a company, we strive to promote a strong remote working culture and have done so since the beginning (2012).
- Collaborate in a transparent environment where you are provided the necessary tools, processes, and encouragement to excel daily.
- You get to be heard by colleagues who are eager to apply the best practices and ideas you bring to the table and who will share theirs as well.
- At least 2 years of manual QA testing experience on iOS and Android mobile platforms
- Understanding of mobile release cycles and App Store/Play Store release processes for iOS/Android
- Experience working with project management and issue-tracking software systems
- Ability to multitask and context-switch within a fast-paced, dynamic, and evolving environment
- You’re a team player, and you enjoy collaborating with multiple project owners across multiple departments
- You can understand and solve complex problems, and you enjoy doing so
- You communicate succinctly and effectively both written and verbally
Considered a plus:
- You know a thing or two about the Fleet industry
- You have worked with Asana and Jira
- You have experience with automated testing frameworks
- You have experience using cloud app testing infrastructure such as Firebase, Kobiton
- 100% health/dental coverage (50% coverage for family)
- Vision insurance
- Incentive stock options
- 401(k) match of 4%
- PTO - 4 weeks
- 8 company holidays + 2 floating holidays
- Parental and bonding leave
- Dependent care and medical FSA
- Short and long term disability
- Community service funds
- Professional development funds
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Mac laptop + new hire equipment stipend
- Monthly catered lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen with tons of drinks & snacks
- Remote working friendly since 2012