Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Fastly is seeking to hire a Technical Sourcer to identify, engage, and assess talent. We’re seeking a highly motivated Sourcer who has an exceptional ability to build a strong diverse pipeline. You will work closely with our Recruiters, Hiring Managers, and Eng Leadership to develop and execute strategies to locate and attract candidates to Fastly. Fastly encourages practical and creative ways to surface leading talent, and we invest a lot of time activating passive candidates through a highly engaged approach.
This role is limited to non-US only.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with Recruiters and Hiring Managers to clearly comprehend requirements of the role, the scope, and the team
- Proactively come up with sourcing strategies and build talent pipelines through internet sourcing, events, and sourcing campaigns
- Focus on building diverse pipelines. Use Linkedin Insights to map the market, and Gem to measure the diversity of your outreach and pipeline.
- Track down candidates’ emails or find other ways to reach them
- Locate and engage passive candidates through the use of LinkedIn, Stack Overflow, Boolean sourcing, and alternative search techniques
- Use Gem for targeted drip campaigns for open roles, and nurturing campaigns to develop future warm leads
- Screen resumes and phone interview candidates to determine fundamental fit
- Consistently maintain and track pipeline activity to share with Hiring Managers and Recruiters
- Recommend creative and results-oriented ideas to potentially impact pipeline
- Source a wide range of levels - from very senior IC’s to Sr. Director level candidates
What We're Looking For
- 4+ years sourcing or recruiting experience with an agency or in-house recruiting team
- Ability to determine general fit for teams based on required and desired qualifications
- Ability to craft excellent outreach emails with high response rates, as well as run drip campaigns with follow ups that result in high open and response rates
- Ability to track down emails or find alternative means of reaching the candidates
- Experience utilizing an Applicant Tracking System to maintain candidate pipeline
- Proven track record engaging and building diverse pipelines
- Develop and maintain multiple strategies to engage passive candidates
- Experience advising recruiters and hiring managers on activity and strategy in order to fill assigned roles utilizing data
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, sense of team, and a desire to learn
- Technical industry knowledge and general comprehension of relevant technical skills, relevant companies, engineering communities, and university sources
- Efficient and effective time management abilities
- Scrappiness, resourcefulness, and creativity
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.