Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Senior Sales Engineer - Nordics
The Senior Sales Engineer is a brand-new position for the Nordics, supporting our sellers and account Managers across the region by providing Sales Engineering and solutions support throughout the sales process.
Our Sales Engineers identify customer problems, develop solutions, and present the Fastly value benefits to the prospect clients, and address any technical objections. To realize this, as our Sales Engineer, you should have a strong desire to utilize your technical and sales skills to understand the customer’s needs and requirements. The Sales Engineer should be highly proficient in assisting to develop a technical sales strategy and have the ability to partner effectively with Sales, Product Management, Product Marketing, Engineering. Experience in delivering compelling demonstrations of cloud solutions and products is essential. Proficiency in at least Swedish and English is required, but we also welcome any other Nordic languages to support clients across the Nordic region, and work closely with your team of Sales Engineers across the globe.
This role is limited to non-US only.
What You'll Do
- Identifies strategic customer use cases with little assistance from the organization.
- Provides input on processes and procedures to scale the Sales Engineering organization.
- Support a team of senior sellers throughout the opportunity lifecycle, this includes technical qualification, demonstrations, and proof of concepts to close.
- Capable of developing and customizing demos that address a customers business case and presenting them to customers.
- Specializes within a specific industry that maps to the expertise of the named senior sellers.
- Perform scoping of customer’s business requirements and identifying applicable Fastly use cases for solution.
- Provide product capability positioning, including how this applies to our competitor's products.
- Role model successful practices for complex sales with peers including executive management, business and technical stakeholders
- Run multiple concurrent high visibility projects with a high degree of accuracy
- Keep up to date on and report on applicable new technology and technology-related trends
What We're Looking For
- Ideally 8+ Years of related experience in selling and supporting software products to technical customers and buyers in large sophisticated organizations.
- Proficiency in networking gear/protocols and Linux systems.
- Deep Experience with TCP and HTTP as well as troubleshooting techniques (curl, tcpdump, etc.)
- Understanding and ability to collaborate with clients on systems analysis techniques is desirable.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- Work experience with more than one of the following and at a minimum familiarity with:
- Basic scripting language(s) (python, ruby, perl, bash, VCL, etc.)
- Mobile development (iOS, Android)
- backend development (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP, Ruby)
- IP-based real-time communications
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- Cloud computing (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Services, Microsoft Azure)
- Travel 25-40%
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred.
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.