Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Senior Sales Engineer - Japan
The Senior Sales Engineer supports our sellers, partners and account managers by providing technical solution support throughout the sales process. This includes initial sales engagements, running proof-of-concept projects, educating the channel, and evangelising Fastly products in the market.
Fastly Sales Engineers collect and identify requirements, develop provable solutions, and help both new and existing customers realise the value of Fastly. Addressing any technical objections, Fastly Sales Engineers bring expertise and a consultative approach to every engagement. The successful candidate will have a strong desire to simplify legacy customer infrastructure to resolve speed, visibility and release process issues.
With an amazing opportunity to grow a strong business in Japan, you’ll be delivering compelling demonstrations, solving application security problems and making the web a safer and faster place. This role supports Japan and East Asia opportunities, reporting to the APJ Sales Engineering manager who is based in Sydney, Australia.
This role is limited to non-US only.
What You'll Do
- Support a team of sales people throughout the opportunity lifecycle, this includes technical qualification, demonstrations, and proof of concepts.
- Be the technical expert on Fastly products, describing differentiators with our competitor’s products and services.
- Contribute to the success of the APJ region by participating in team, product and whole of company events.
- Work remotely as well as face to face with customers; Fastly utilises Slack, Vivun, Zoom, Jira, GSuite, Confluence, GitHub and SFDC as well as a number of sales and marketing applications.
- Keep your technical skills current and report on applicable new technology and technology-related trends.
- Represent Fastly at events; take part in online events and conferences
What We're Looking For
- Ideally 8+ Years of related experience in selling and supporting software products to technical customers and buyers in large sophisticated organisations.
- Experience working for a vendor or systems integrator in a pre-sales capacity
- Proven experience with TCP and HTTP as well as troubleshooting techniques (curl, tcpdump, etc.). Understanding of DNS, experience with CDN or proxy solutions.
- Experience or Knowledge with more than one of the following:
- Basic scripting language(s) (python, ruby, perl, bash, VCL, PHP etc.)
- Web application development frameworks and configuration management tools
- Web Application Firewall and DDoS concepts
- Exposure to cloud computing (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Services, Microsoft Azure)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is desirable
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.