Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
The Senior Sales Engineer supports our Enterprise Sales Executives, partners and Major Account Managers across the ASEAN regions by owning the technical solution throughout the sales process. This includes initial sales prospecting, attending conferences and MeetUps, scoping and architecting solutions, running proof-of-concepts to prove ROI, training, and evangelising Fastly products in the market. This is an additional hire to complement our existing team in Singapore.
The successful candidate will have a strong desire to replace legacy web application security solutions installed in Enterprise companies with Fastly next-generation solutions to resolve speed, security, visibility and release process issues. Familiarity with security proxies, application security monitoring and the concepts of threat hunting would be very useful. Are you studying for a security certification?
With an opportunity to help grow a strong business across ASEAN region, you’ll be talking to some of the largest companies in the region, simplifying web delivery architectures, solving application security problems and making the web a safer and faster place. This role reports to the APJ Sales Engineering Manager who is based in Sydney, Australia.
What You'll Do
- Support a team of sales, account management and partnership colleagues throughout the opportunity lifecycle
- Be the technical expert on Fastly products, understand Fastly’s differentiators and win against our competitor’s products and services.
- Work remotely as well as face to face with customers; Fastly utilises Slack, Zoom, Jira, GSuite, Confluence, GitHub and SFDC as well as a number of sales and marketing applications.
- Keep your technical skills current and report on applicable new technology and technology-related trends, build demos and run your own lab environment.
- Represent Fastly at events and support the marketing team as a technical Subject Matter Expert; take part in online events and conferences
Work Hours: This position will require you to be available during core business hours.
What We're Looking For
- Related professional experience in selling and scoping Internet centric software security products to technical customers and buyers in large distributed organisations.
- Experience working for a vendor or systems integrator in a pre-sales capacity is desirable
- Ability to demonstrate experience and expertise with web applications including protocol knowledge of TLS, DNS, HTTP and request redirection technologies.
- Work experience with more than one of the following:
- Linux/UNIX systems administration, compiling and management of web applications
- Streaming media delivery, Internet WAN networking, building resilient networks
- Configuration automation solutions such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, etc
- Web Application Firewall, bot mitigation, layered security controls and DDoS concepts
- DevSecOps tools, pen testing applications and web application security frameworks
- Travel often within the region, and to the USA and Australia.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is desirable
- Ability to work in Singapore without sponsorship, please highlight business fluency of languages used in the ASEAN region.
Work Location(s) & Travel Requirements
This position is a remote role and open to candidates residing in the following locations: Singapore (Remote)
This position may require travel as required by your role or requested by your manager.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits that start on the first day of your employment with Fastly. Curious about our offerings?
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet your needs. Our offerings may vary depending on the country where you work and are subject to change.
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe.
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply! A fully completed application and resume or CV are required when applying.
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, family or parental status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and federal or state disability laws, Fastly will provide reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact your Recruiter, or the Fastly Employee Relations team at email@example.com or 501-287-4901.