Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Security Training & Education Analyst
As a Security Training & Education Analyst at Fastly you will help us scale our security team across Fastly. This role will directly affect Fastly's overall security posture by focusing on one of the most critical elements of our information security portfolio—our people. Fastly believes that security is everyone’s job and you will be empowering all of Fastly to live up to that responsibility. Qualified candidates will excel at organizing company-wide comms, analyzing technical requirements for Secure Developer training, building out 20% and Security Champions programs, and coordinating technical training initiatives for Fastlyans.
What You'll Do
- Create a positive, engaging Security Culture that focuses on changing behaviors both at home and at work - Creativity is a Must! Structure and maintain this program to be long term, so ultimately not changing just behaviors but culture
- Scale our security team across Fastly by developing programs like Security Champions and 20% programs to introduce Fastlyans into the security world and embed a security mindset in their day-to-day roles. Influence and gain support of Fastly leaders through effective communication, relevant and insightful analysis, and creative thinking
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, produce, promote, and deliver compelling and innovative awareness campaigns to drive adoption of security behaviors for all end users and targeted audiences
- Create, maintain and publish marketing and promotional material (presentations, videos, websites, and instructional content) in support of the Security Awareness Program communication strategy to educate employees on security alerts, Standards & Policies updates, security best practices and privacy issues.
- Own Security Awareness and Secure Developer training modules by managing vendor relationships and integrations with our training platform
- Build out topical security communications, external blog posts, and security speaking engagements with various business leaders and their teams. Develop and curate formal and informal security training and educational content
- Research emerging security risks and trends (social engineering attacks, new phishing methods, malware attacks) and provide recommendations to drive Security Awareness
What We're Looking For
- Preferred Level: 3+ years of professional Information/Cyber Security Awareness
- Experience or relevant work experience in one or more of the following fields:
- Security or privacy education/training
- Information security
- Risk management
- Corporate communications
- Marketing or another related field
- Program Management
- Excellent management and communication skills
- Excellent creative and visual skills including graphics, web, print, video and slide design
- Ability to work efficiently and independently with minimal supervision (i.e. self-motivated and willing to stretch to meet important deadlines)
- Solutions driven, strategic thinking mindset and the ability to quickly understand complex security issues and develop the right content for the need
- Proven experience in writing, designing and delivering cyber related content
We value a variety of voices, so this is not a laundry list. It would be an added bonus if you have experience in ANY of these:
- Formal education or teaching experience
- Large event coordination experience
- Adept at influencing product and engineering direction for improving overall security posture
- Skills/Experience in:
- SSAP (SANS Security Awareness Professional), PMP, or other industry certifications will be considered a plus
- Understanding of security compliance standards and regulations (e.g., ISO 27001, ISO 27018, PCI, SOC II, CSA Star, FedRAMP, HIPAA, GDPR)
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits that start on the first day of your employment with Fastly. Curious about our offerings?
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet your needs. Our offerings may vary depending on the country where you work and are subject to change.
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe.
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply! A fully completed application and resume or CV are required when applying.
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.