FanDuel is looking for a Senior Software Engineer - Front End - to join our SportsBook Channels domain. You will be working on a multi-faceted sportsbook application and play a pivotal part in making our platform highly usable by writing clear, scalable front end code.
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans, every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. We believe we've created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
We're passionate about creating a collaborative culture where every Engineer has a real impact so you’ll understand the value you deliver to our fans and how much they appreciate it.
This is not a sports job. This is a technology job.What you’ll do:
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
In this role, you will be working on front-end applications for FanDuel’s Sportsbook product, using Native application development primarily in React Native and React.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will autonomously tackle problems of increasing complexity and will take ownership for designing, implementing and deploying significant components, features or services. You have a greater focus on Operational Excellence, identifying problems and proposing solutions. You take on projects and make software enhancements that improve the team software and processes.
- Working to continuously improve front end design and processes to enhance quality and efficiency
- Building multiple features with lots of experimentation and quick MVPs ahead of being productionised
- Active involvement in technical debt initiatives and communities working to fix and improve our code base
Everyone on our team has a part to play
We are looking for experienced Software Engineers ready to make the next step or current Seniors who can dive into the code base. You will, ideally, have experience of releasing applications and adding features to an existing product but we’re open minded from which industry.
Tech Stack should include:
- Understanding of Agile software development
- Quality and testing focused with your code
- Native development knowledge in Swift or Kotlin is a nice to have
- Full Stack (NodeJS) experience also a nice to have
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies, ideally AWS
We treat our team right
Join an open and collaborative organisation who value and respect each other and are committed to driving real growth. Help build great products that fans love and refine your game through our mentorship and professional development.
- Take advantage of our excellent work/life balance through flexible working hours and unlimited holiday allowance
- Work from our modern technology hubs in Edinburgh or Glasgow or remotely (UK)
- Excellent benefits and bonus program
- The latest technology and hardware provided
- 10% time back to focus on your personal learning and development
The requirements listed in our job description are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we’d love to speak with you.
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.