Headquarters: Lebanon, NJ
Epion's purpose is to empower patients and our medical partners to achieve the best health care possible.
Epion Health has transformed the doctor’s appointment into a personalized digital experience, where patients can share information with their doctor and take ownership of their own health management. We are a mission-driven company that uses technology to solve real health care problems for real people throughout the appointment life cycle. Epion is looking for a Full Stack Engineer. You will have an opportunity to be part of a dynamic and collaborative culture that is making a difference in health care. Epion was selected to Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work for the past three years in a row (2019-2021).
You’ll work in a closely-knit team with a technology stack built on Rails 6, React, RSpec and PostgreSQL. Our application infrastructure is hosted on a combination of AWS and Aptible and our analytics infrastructure is on Google Cloud Platform. We integrate with multiple EHRs and provide a telehealth platform with video chat. We like to work with modern technologies, always try to do what is best for the customer, and put more value on teamwork than rock stars and cowboys.
Hint: please include a cover letter in your application, to tell us about yourself! It does not need to be formal, and shouldn't just summarize your resume. We want to learn about you, what motivates you, and why you think this position might be a good fit for your interests and skills.
- Build new features that make a difference in the lives of patients and doctors
- Contribute ideas to the product roadmap
- Work as part of a team that believes in collaboration, and takes good design and test coverage seriously
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby and React code
- Collaborate with the technical design and development of major platform components to help the Epion platform scale with our explosive user growth
- Actively promote quality and good design practices in our object oriented application code
- Build new features to improve patient experience and medical staff efficiency
- Use and promote best practices
- Pair program with team members of various experience levels, and provide code reviews
- Be a mentor when you have the expertise / Be a student when someone else does
Required Experience & Skills:
- 2+ years experience working as a software developer on a team with Ruby on Rails and/or React, writing code that has been deployed in a production environment.
- 5+ years experience for a Senior title
- Experience writing feature, integration, and unit tests
- Experience in a startup environment with a lot of autonomy
- Experience working with a Continuous Integration environment (CircleCI, Codeship, Jenkins, etc.)
- Understanding and commitment to Agile processes (we have a Scrum workflow)
- Great communication, particularly in explaining your coding processes, suggestions for best practices, and identifying ways to improve the team’s coding quality
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience working with a distributed team
- Previous experience with HL7 and/or FHIR a strong plus; general REST API experience a plus
- We’d love to know about your skills that aren’t on this list, too!
- This is a remote opportunity, so anywhere in the world!