Senior Data Analyst
Our mission is to inspire the next generation to develop a love of reading and learning. Designed for unlimited discovery and unmatched safety, Epic is the #1 most popular digital library for kids. With tens of thousands of high-quality books, audiobooks, and videos from the world’s best publishers, every year millions of kids read, learn and explore on Epic at home and in school.
To learn more about our vision to unlock the potential of every child, visit us at www.getepic.com.
About the job
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to partner with Product, Design, and Engineering teams and provide product analytics support to our US pod initiatives. In this role, you will be informing strategy, defining key product metrics, conducting analyses, and helping build out our overall analytics processes and capabilities.
Epic is headquartered in the SF Bay Area with a distributed team throughout the US and in India. We are currently looking for candidates to work in the US Eastern Time zone with a strong preference for candidates residing in that region. This will be a 100% remote position with some potential opportunity for in-person meetups.
- Navigate technical data structures and tools to understand user behavior trends
- Collaborate with team to identify opportunities and inform roadmap and strategy
- Lead the design and analyses of controlled online experiments (A/B tests)
- Work with product managers to define the key product performance indicators
- Automate the reporting of key success metrics for the various product initiatives
- Develop analyses to drive short and long term product feature goals
- Help define our analytics processes, stack, and culture
- 5+ years of experience as a Product/Data Analyst
- Extensive hands-on experience with SQL and another programming language (preferably Python / R)
- Experience working with product managers and other cross-functional stakeholders on product analytics
- Experience with a visualization platforms (Looker, Metabase, etc)
- Strong background/understanding of statistics
- Passion for data integrity but also know how to efficiently get the signal we need
- Ability to deal with ambiguity on a business problem
- Self-motivation and curiosity that thrives in a remote team model
- Degree in Statistics/Mathematics/Analytics or an equivalent quantitative field
- Experience with startups and evolving analytics stacks
- Experience with EdTech products and user ecosystem (D2C and B2B)
- Experience with global teams and markets
The compensation for this position includes a new hire base salary range of $140,000-$160,000. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Your Recruiter can answer any questions regarding compensation during the hiring process.
- Unlimited PTO
- 15 paid Holidays a year
- Generous Family Leave
- Comprehensive Health Plans – Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Epic Family Subscription