Senior Fullstack Engineer
Electric is the industry leader in providing world-class IT technology and real-time support for small and mid-sized businesses. With over 1,000 customers and more than 45,000 employee end-users, Electric’s IT platform includes real-time support powered by 200+ IT technicians, security, device & inventory management, network & server management, application & cloud management, employee on-boarding, and off-boarding, procurement & provisioning, and data monitoring & insights. Electric is a Series D company funded by an all-star team of investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, GGV Capital, 01 Advisors, Primary Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, Slack, Atreides Management, Vintage Investment Partners, and Greenspring Associates.
Electric now has over 600 employees and is led by a seasoned executive team. Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a growth-stage technology company.
What You'll Do
- Play a foundational role on one of our new teams dedicated to improving the efficiency, excellence, and effectiveness of real-time support for our customers
- Brainstorm, design, and build high-quality software for our customer base by writing easily understandable, idiomatic, and high-performing code
- Become a subject matter expert in your area of technical focus, while contributing code and providing well-reasoned feedback in areas outside your primary domain
- Participate in and drive technical architecture discussions, introducing new technologies, patterns, and paradigms where necessary
- Review peers' code, and provide constructive feedback that keeps the bar high on code quality and standards.
- Partner closely with product managers to understand customer concerns and how your contributions affect our business
- Follow an agile and growth mindset to embrace challenges, ensure clear communication channels and continuous improvement of yourself and your teammates
- Collaborate with fun-loving and hard-working teammates who are equally at home wrangling complex technical challenges as they are at a game of pool or ping pong.
Our Tech Stack
- AWS Infrastructure: Lambda, ECS, SQS, API Gateway
- PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Snowflake
- Python based serverless functions hosted on AWS Lambda
- FastAPI for APIs
- REST and GraphQL, w/ OAuth 2 & JWT
- ReactJS and Redux
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience, fellowship, or training
- 5+ years of software development experience and the ability to learn quickly
- Deep and demonstrated experience with functional or imperative programming languages -- e.g. Python, TypeScript, Ruby, Go, C, Java, etc.
- Familiarity with cloud-based infrastructure and software development
- A methodical and analytical mindset with a strong work ethic
- Ego-less nature, excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility for the software you build
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability
- Experience with agile processes and passion for automated testing
- Ability to work in a complex environment and prioritize among competing demands
- Growth Mindset - you’re thirsty and believe there’s always room for improvement
Excited about the opportunity, but worried you don’t meet all the requirements? We recognize that people with marginalized identities are less likely to apply to jobs where they don’t meet every single qualification. We encourage you to apply anyway, and give us both the chance to find out if you’re the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.