Sr. Director, Product Design
Electric is the industry leader in providing world-class IT technology and real-time support for small and mid-sized businesses. With over 1,000 customers and more than 55,000 employee end-users, Electric’s IT platform includes: real-time support powered by 150+ IT technicians, security, device & inventory management, network & server management, application & cloud management, employee on-boarding and off-boarding, procurement & provisioning, and data monitoring & insights. Electric is a Series D company funded by an all-star team of investors including: Bessemer Venture Partners, GGV Capital, 01 Advisors, Primary Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, Slack, Atreides Management, Vintage Investment Partners, and Greenspring Associates.
Electric is now over 500 employees and led by a seasoned executive team. Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.
The ideal candidate is both an effective leader and an empathetic people manager. They are as comfortable addressing an executive team as they are getting into the weeds on design day-to-today. We are looking for someone who has a history of building and leading teams that apply design-led thinking to influence product strategy, design execution, and operational excellence. They understand Lean UX, and can speak to practice and ideology in the collaboration between product, engineering, and design.
- Define, articulate, and evangelize Electric’s overall UX strategy and vision for a world-class end-to-end customer experience, translating into an actionable roadmap that you drive in collaboration with cross-functional partners in product management, engineering, marketing, and other key business leaders.
- Lead, oversee, and grow a team of high-performing product designers by communicating a vision, providing direction, mentorship, and inspiration
- Work with design leads on planning, staffing, budgeting, managing priorities
- Set best practices and standards related to UX/UI across products and features including but not limited to user research, user experience design, visual design, design systems, and general systems thinking.
- Partner with creative and brand teams to ensure strong visual design and consistent brand expression across products
- Partner with engineering and product management to set product strategy, balancing product, business, and user-centered goals to ship products users love
- Communicate research-backed insights concepts, and designs to a variety of audiences including executives
- Effectively communicate your team's goals (both within the team and outside the team), and be responsible for overall team performance and health, resource allocation, project prioritization, and building a culture of design excellence.
- Cultivate positive relationships with executives and peers across the organization to ensure alignment and delivery of a holistic end-to-end user experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s preferred in graphic design, HCI, UX, a related area of study, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience building and delivering successful B2B or Consumer products at scale
- Ability to seamlessly flip between the language of business and design, setting meaningful goals and objectives for your team while advocating for critical design decisions to company leadership
- History of diving into the analytics of your work to help justify your hypothesis, use data effectively, and show passion for connecting with our current and future customers.