Dremio is The Easy and Open Data Lakehouse, providing self-service analytics with data warehouse functionality and data lake flexibility across all of your data. Dremio increases agility with a revolutionary data-as-code approach that adopts Git concepts to enable data experimentation, version control, and governance. In addition, Dremio breaks down data silos by simplifying ingestion into the lakehouse, and also allowing queries directly on databases and data warehouses. All of this is available through a fully managed service that not only eliminates the need to maintain infrastructure and software, but also automatically optimizes the data in the lakehouse to maximize performance for every workload.
Founded in 2015, Dremio is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. Investors include Cisco Investments, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, and Sapphire Ventures. For more information, visit www.dremio.com. Connect with Dremio on GitHub, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that really do change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
As a Senior Support Engineer, you are a customer focused team player who is passionate about solving highly technical problems and predisposed to delivering an exceptional customer experience. Drawing on your deep technical expertise, as well as exceptional communication skills, you will quickly engage with customers and provide expert help in addressing their reported problems. This is a continuous learning and teaching role where you will develop and share your knowledge of troubleshooting, configuration, and exciting new technologies inclusive of and complementary to the Dremio and data/analytics ecosystem.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that really do change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.What you'll be doing
- Provide thoughtful direction and support for technical inquiries
- Manage the day-to-day aspects of support cases, incidents, and escalations
- Ensure issues have the appropriate focus and are resolved as expediently as possible
- Document and record all activity in accordance to both internal and external security standards
- Research, reproduce, troubleshoot, and solve highly challenging technical issues
- Serve as subject-matter expert on Dremio solutions and the data/analytics ecosystem
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours, holiday, weekend support coverage
- Contribute frequently answered questions to the Dremio knowledge base
- B.S. or M.S in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience troubleshooting and resolving urgent, high-visibility technical problems
- Strong hands-on experience working with or supporting at least two of the following:
- 5+ years of relational database fundamentals and operations
- 3+ years of Hadoop operation including Zookeeper, HDFS, YARN, Hive, and related components like the Hive metastore, Cloudera Manager/Ambari, etc
- Debugging java processes; ability to read and understand java stack traces, ability to debug gc issues, know how to work with heap and thread dumps, familiarity with JVM options, familiarity with capturing and reading JFR's
- Experience with authentication security configuration and tuning (LDAP, Kerberos, SSL/TLS, second priority: SSO/OAuth/OIDC, Ranger/Sentry)
- Linux, NFS, Windows, including application installation, scripting, basic command line
- In lieu of rdbms and/or hadoop experience, we will also consider candidates that have strong experience in troubleshooting distributed systems.
- Hands-on experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP) and networking (VPC, subnets, CIDR, etc)
- Docker and Kubernetes configuration and troubleshooting, including Helm charts, storage options, logging.Bonus points if you have
- Shell Scripting
- Python scripting
- Non-relational database fundamentals (e.g. MongoDB, etc)
- REST API programming
- ODBC and JDBC troubleshooting
At Dremio, we hold ourselves to high standards when it comes to People, Thinking, and Action. Our Gnarlies (that's what we call our employees) communicate with clarity, drive accountability, and are respectful towards each other. We confront brutal facts and focus on results while operating with a sense of urgency and building a flywheel. People who like to jump in and drive momentum will thrive in our #GnarlyLife.
Dremio is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other unlawful factor.
Dremio is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
Dremio has policies in place to protect the personal information that employees and applicants disclose to us. Please click here to review the privacy notice.