Dremio is the SQL Lakehouse company, enabling companies to leverage open data architectures. Dremio’s SQL Lakehouse Platform simplifies data engineering and eliminates the need to copy and move data to proprietary data warehouses or create cubes, aggregation tables and BI extracts, providing flexibility and control for data architects and data engineers, and self-service for data consumers. Founded in 2015, Dremio is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. Investors include Cisco Investments, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, and Sapphire Ventures. For more information, visit www.dremio.com. Connect with Dremio on GitHub, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that really do change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
As a Senior Support Engineer, you are a customer focused team player who is passionate about solving highly technical problems and predisposed to delivering an exceptional customer experience. Drawing on your deep technical expertise, as well as exceptional communication skills, you will quickly engage with customers and provide expert help in addressing their reported problems. This is a continuous learning and teaching role where you will develop and share your knowledge of troubleshooting, configuration, and exciting new technologies inclusive of and complementary to the Dremio and data/analytics ecosystem.What you'll be doing
- Provide thoughtful direction and support for technical inquiries
- Manage the day-to-day aspects of support cases, incidents, and escalations
- Ensure issues have the appropriate focus and are resolved as expediently as possible
- Document and record all activity in accordance to both internal and external security standards
- Research, reproduce, troubleshoot, and solve highly challenging technical issues
- Serve as subject-matter expert on Dremio solutions and the data/analytics ecosystem
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours, holiday, weekend support coverage
- Contribute frequently answered questions to the Dremio knowledge base
- 5+ years of experience troubleshooting and resolving urgent, high-visibility technical problems
- Lifetime learner, self-motivated with ability to multi-task during high pressure situations
- B.S. or M.S in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
Strong hands-on experience working with or supporting the following:
- 5+ years of relational database fundamentals and operations
- Hadoop operation including Zookeeper, HDFS, YARN, Hive, and related components like the Hive metastore, Cloudera Manager/Ambari, etc
- Authentication and security configuration and tuning (LDAP, Kerberos, SSL/TLS, second priority: SSO/OAuth/OIDC, Ranger/Sentry)
- Java troubleshooting, e.g., collection and evaluation of jstacks, heap dumps
Knowledge of the following:
- Linux, NFS, Windows, including application installation, scripting, basic command line
- Docker and Kubernetes configuration and troubleshooting, including Helm charts, storage options, logging, and basic kubectl CLI
- Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Good if you know:
- Shell Scripting
- Python scripting
- Non-relational database fundamentals (e.g. MongoDB, etc)
- REST API programming
- ODBC and JDBC troubleshooting
**Certain benefits are only allowed to full-time Dremio employees and may not be the same across all locations.#LI-QM1 #LI-Remote
At Dremio, we hold ourselves to high standards when it comes to People, Thinking, and Action. Our Gnarlies (that's what we call our employees) communicate with clarity, drive accountability, and are respectful towards each other. We confront brutal facts and focus on results while operating with a sense of urgency and building a flywheel. People who like to jump in and drive momentum will thrive in our #GnarlyLife.
Dremio is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other unlawful factor.
Dremio is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
Dremio has policies in place to protect the personal information that employees and applicants disclose to us. Please click here to review the privacy notice.