Who we are
At Domino Data Lab, we have an ambitious vision for data science. Our platform helps data science teams accelerate research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deploy predictive models. Our customers are the most sophisticated analytical organizations in the world, including companies like Bristol Myers Squibb, Allstate, Bayer, and Red Hat. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Nvidia, Great Hill Partners, and Coatue Management, we are at the epicenter of modern data science, helping companies develop the next breakthrough in medicine, build better cars, or recommend the best song play next.
What we are building
Domino's Sales Engineering team helps our prospects see the possibilities of the Domino platform. Our Sales Engineers work closely with Enterprise Account Executives to conduct product demonstrations, design and execute successful proof-of-concepts, and determine the technical needs for customer implementations. Domino is a nimble, growing company and as such the Sales Engineers work closely with Marketing, Product Management, and Engineering to help vivify the market's needs.
What your impact will be
- Partner with regional sales team to support opportunity qualification by mapping customer challenges to Domino solutions
- Deliver demonstrations of the Domino platform and position our key value propositions with prospects
- Become a Domino Subject Matter Expert to help guide prospects from high level executive conversations to deep technical sessions with IT administrators
- Conduct comprehensive Q&A sessions with data science teams to understand the pain points across their workflows
- Structuring and executing successful evaluation plans that map to value driven business objectives
- Train data science practitioners to facilitate solution evaluations
- Educate and work with the prospect's IT team to determine the implementation and integration requirements
What we look for in the role
- 5+ years in a technical, customer-facing role; pre-sales strongly preferred
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills (German and English)
- Excellent presentation skills, both web and in-person
- Comfortable scripting, preferably in python
- Experience working with cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- Linux Systems Administration
- Working knowledge with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Data Science practices and AI/ML toolkits strongly preferred
- Experience working with Spark, Kafka, and/or NoSQL platforms preferred
- Comfortable with traveling to multiple customer locations when Covid conditions change (25% travel)
What We Value
- We value a growth mindset. High-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and see the opportunities for success.
- We believe in individuals who seek truth and speak the truth and can be their whole selves at work.
- We value all of you that believe improving is always possible At Domino Everything is a work in progress – we can do better at everything.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation, commission, and equity package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits for both you and your dependents
- Company sponsored Retirement Plan
- Flexible time off and paid parental leave
- Open office with access to company leaders and tools for remote employees to stay connected
- Opportunity to work with passionate people in a mission-driven company