An Agile team was traveling in a car when all of a sudden, BAM! The brakes fail, the car goes off the road and ends up in a trench at the bottom of a hill.
The Business Analyst gets the car's manual and exclaims, I'm going to look through the documentation to see if this was a pre-existing problem.
The Developer gets the toolkit out of the trunk and says, I'm going to investigate under the hood and see if I can find out what went wrong.
The Tester shouts, Let's push it back up the hill and see if it happens again.
Thankfully, in this position there won't be any funny business whatsoever with Agile. This company prides itself on its lean and transparent Agile methodology (we're very serious - it's one of the qualities for which their clients love them). They produce highly customized and complex mobile and web applications for customers, combining their teams' expertise in open-source and Serverless and Cloud technologies. They've perfected the art to the extent that they even provide Agile training for customers. With $4 million in revenue and big plans to double it next year, this young-but-mighty agency is looking for a Lead Full Stack Developer to join their ranks. We should clarify that they may be young, but they pack the wisdom passed on by the grander group that they're a part of, which includes 3 other agency locations worldwide and over half a dozen more companies.
If you enjoy mentoring others, minding best practices, having client-facing opportunities and getting the chance to work on diverse products, this could be the ideal job for you. We haven't even mentioned the benefits yet!
But first, what will your responsibilities be?
- Develop web and mobile applications for leading clients in various industries, including Aerospace, Retail and E-Sports
- Collaborate directly with executives, directors, and founders
- Lead small agile teams of 2-5 developers and collaborate with the Agile Coach
- Acquire knowledge on everything it takes to make a new business branch succeed: operations, business development, sales, marketing, and recruiting
What skills will you need?
- 3-5 years of experience working as a software engineer
- Technical mastery of one front end and one back end technology, for example:
- React (React Native, Androud/iOS or Swift is a plus)
- Python and Django/Flask
- Serverless, AWS
- Agile-disciplined profile
- Bachelor's STEM degree is a bonus point
Okay, DistantJob, tell me about the benefits already! Alright, you will get:
- 15 days PTO, plus one extra vacation day for every 6 months of work
- Transparency and a supportive learning and collaborative environment
- The feel of a small company that behind the curtains, is not small at all
- Opportunity to work with diverse technology
- Fast track to CTO: the company will lay out your path to becoming a subject-matter expert and the leader you've always wanted to be. Every team member has a clear advancement map and receives the guidance they need to make it happen.