DigitalOcean (NYSE: DOCN) simplifies cloud computing so builders can spend more time creating software that changes the world. With our mission-critical infrastructure and fully managed offerings, DigitalOcean enables startups and small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) to rapidly deploy and scale modern applications. As a remote-first organization, our employees, like our customers, are based around the world.
We are looking for a Technical Account Manager (TAM) with expertise in cloud infrastructure to help businesses grow and scale on DigitalOcean. The TAM is an individual contributor role reporting to the Manager of Technical Account Management and working hours for this role will be 9:00 am - 5:00 pm ET. The TAM will work closely with the account team in North America and the customer to work through technical obstacles, enable the adoption of DigitalOcean products, and work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, and Support teams to advocate for the voice of the customer.
This is an amazing growth opportunity for highly motivated individuals to work closely with our most dynamic customers; startups and entrepreneurs building the next generation of game-changing apps. Technical depth, excellent communication skills, and a self-starter mentality are needed.What You'll Be Doing:
- Provide the technical relationship management for all assigned accounts, by learning about and documenting each customer’s solution
- Develop deep expertise on the DigitalOcean product portfolio and the evolving Cloud landscape
- Provide technical consultation and guidance on best practices in a way that both technical and non-technical decision-makers can understand the value of DigitalOcean’s offerings
- Proactively notify and assist customers with change management
- Work directly with Customer Success to ensure expansion and retention of businesses as they build on top of our cloud.
- Liaise with Engineering and Support teams to ensure customer escalations and obstacles to growth are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Advocate for the voice of the customer in order to overcome adoption blockers and drive new feature development
- Work both independently and collaboratively with a Global team of highly talented Technical Account Managers
- Collaborate across multiple functions within DigitalOcean, such as: Solutions Engineers, Customer Success Managers, Business Development Representatives, and Sales Account Executives
- Proven 3 years of experience in a customer-facing technical role
- Working knowledge and experience with cloud infrastructure technologies, including Compute, Storage, Networking, Kubernetes, Database, Security, Application/Function-level services and troubleshooting expertise in two or more of these areas.
- Deep knowledge of Linux and distributed systems as well as provisioning and deployment strategies and tools
- Experience interfacing with executive stakeholders, driving internal or customer-facing technical implementation, or transformation programs
- Ability to balance the demands of multiple stakeholders, define priorities and set appropriate expectations
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to articulate technical concepts in clear and concise terms
- Experience translating business requirements into technological solutions
- Quickly learn DigitalOcean systems and adapt to rapid changes
- Highly motivated with a self-starter mentality and passion for customer advocacy
- Cloud certifications are desired: Redhat, AWS, CNCF, Cisco, Comptia, Linux foundation
- Programming/Scripting: Ruby, Python, Go, Bash
- Source Code: Git
- Automation: Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Saltstack
- Virtualization: KVM, Xen
- Open Source Technologies
- DigitalOcean: API, libraries, services
- We reward our employees. The salary range for this position is based on relevant years of experience and skills. Employees may qualify for a bonus in addition to base salary; bonus amounts are determined based on company and individual performance. We also provide equity compensation to eligible employees including grants of equity upon hire and the option to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging our teams and employees to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship and other internal programs. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your well-being. In addition to cash and equity compensation, we also offer employees a competitive array of benefits. While the philosophy around our benefits is the same worldwide, specific benefits may vary in other countries due to local regulations and preferences.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role