Demandbase is the Smarter GTM™ company for B2B brands. We help marketing and sales teams overcome the disruptive data and technology fragmentation that inhibits insight and forces them to spam their prospects. We do this by injecting Account Intelligence into every step of the buyer journey, wherever our clients interact with customers, and by helping them orchestrate every action across systems and channels - through advertising, account-based experience, and sales motions. The result? You spot opportunities earlier, engage with them more intelligently, and close deals faster.
As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture, and the community around us. We have offices in the San Francisco Bay Area, New York, Seattle, and teams in the UK and India, and allow employees to work remotely. We have also been continuously recognized as one of the best places to work in the San Francisco Bay Area.
We're committed to attracting, developing, retaining, and promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we're increasingly capable of living out our mission to transform how B2B goes to market. We encourage people from historically underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
About the Role:
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together. We're looking for people who are excellent at fundamentals, have willingness to learn, and have an unstoppable desire to follow through with the job.
What you'll be doing:
- Perform software design and development with Scala and Python
- Design and build data pipelines using Scala with Spark
- Write shell scripts for automation such as CICD
- Write advanced SQL queries for data transformations
- Write pipelines in Airflow to orchestrate data pipelines
- Apply experience with cloud storage and computing for data pipelines in GCP (GCS, Dataproc) and AWS (S3, EMR)
- Work with database systems like BigQuery, Snowflake, Clickhouse, Postgres
- Write clear documentation to convey plans and technical architecture
- Ensure all new and modified code and pipelines are tested and of the highest quality at delivery time
- Establish high reliability of all maintained product offerings by building monitoring mechanisms into our infrastructure
- You are a strong analytical and problem solving skills
- You are self-motivated learner
- You are eager to learn new technologies
- You are receptive to constructive feedback
- You are Confident and articulate with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are open to work in small development environment
Skills & Education:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, Mathematics, Statistics from a top engineering institution.
- Practical experience in handling complex analytics projects and experience in advanced SQL for data analysis.
- 8+ years of Data Engineering experience in building enterprise data/analytics solutions.
- Data stewardship to continually improve the quality of data and information including accuracy, integrity , relevance to the business.
- Strong practical experience in Databases, Advanced SQL & Python/R.
- Very good understanding of Data strategies, articulate data analysis & data model design and evolve data products according to business requirements.
- Benchmark data systems, Analyze workflow bottlenecks and propose robust data solutions to eliminate them.
- Good to have experience in designing/implementing ETL data pipelines using open source platforms.
- Good to have exposure to big data emerging technologies like Hive, Red Shift (DWH), Hbase, Apache Spark and integration with enterprise visualization frameworks.