About DECA Games
We believe that games should be played for decades but many are abandoned even when a loyal community is screaming to keep them alive. DECA specializes in acquiring games from other developers and reinvigorating them to continue to entertain for decades. When other studios see an old game, we see a fantastic set of problems to solve and a huge opportunity.
DECA is a remote company with over 260 people in over 29 countries globally. DECA has been profitable since our inception in 2016. DECA is also a part of the Embracer Group, the largest public gaming company in Europe.
About our culture
We’ve managed to maintain a small company feel with the stability and resources of a much larger one. We fully believe in the flexibility of a remote workplace. Team members are trusted to manage their time and get things done independently. We think that egos and politics need to be checked at the virtual door. That means no jerks are allowed, that no job is too small for anyone, and an openness to help and learn from each other is required. We love the challenge of working within constraints and love when we succeed as a team. Check out more about us and our values on our website (www.decagames.com).
This is a remote position. You can work from anywhere in the world in the CET timezone (9 am - 6 pm CET).
About the role
We are looking for a Python Backend Developer to join our awesome team and contribute to implementing and maintaining Python-based backend systems, contributing to all stages of the software development lifecycle.
- Design, implement and maintain Python-based applications that can be high-volume and low-latency.
- Analyze user requirements to define business objectives.
- Envisioning system features and functionality.
- Define application objectives and functionality.
- Identify and resolve any technical issues arising and create detailed design documentation.
- Propose improvements to current infrastructure.
- Develop technical designs for application development.
- Write well-designed, testable code.
- Conducting software analysis, programming, testing, and debugging.
- Support continuous improvement, investigating alternatives and technologies, and presenting for architectural review.
- Create and analyze reliable and secure back-end functionality.
- Remain knowledgeable of emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them to operations and activities.
- Collaborate with front-end developers and web designers to match visual design intent.
- Strong proficiency in Python programming language.
- Experience with databases, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL or MongoDB.
- Experience with RESTful API design and development.
- Experience with cloud services, such as AWS or GCP.
- Experience with Git and version control systems.
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Experience with performance optimization and scalability.
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies.
- Good understanding of security best practices.
- Experience with deploying, monitoring, and maintaining servers.
- Familiarity with game development is a plus.
- Remote first company culture.
- Flexible work hours to support a personal work-life balance.
- Weekly remote Embodiment@Work breathing and workout exercises.
- Online language classes: English, German, French, Spanish etc.
- Working in a multicultural environment with people from over 29 different countries.
- Flat hierarchies with an open-door policy.