About DECA Games
We believe that games should be played for decades but many are abandoned even when a loyal community is screaming to keep them alive. DECA specializes in acquiring games from other developers and reinvigorating them to continue to entertain for decades. When other studios see an old game, we see an amazing set of problems to solve and a huge opportunity.
DECA is a remote company with over 230 people in over 26 countries globally. DECA has been profitable since our inception in 2016. DECA is also a part of the Embracer Group, the largest public gaming company in Europe.
About our culture
We’ve managed to maintain a small company feel with the stability and resources of a much larger one. We fully believe in the flexibility of a remote workplace. Employees are trusted to manage their time and get things done independently. We believe that egos and politics need to be checked at the virtual door. That means no jerks are allowed, that no job is too small for anyone, and an openness to help and learn from each other is required. We love the challenge of working within constraints and love when we succeed as a team. Check out more about us and our values on our website (www.decagames.com).
About the role
We are looking for a Customer Support Manager to help us provide top-notch customer service and support to our valued players.
- Manage a team of Customer Support Leads and Agents
- Act as the escalation manager for on-going player-reported issues
- Monitor day-to-day player sentiment and make recommendations to the Product team for improvements
- Create/update customer support guidelines
- Bridge the communication gap between player and product, knowing when to escalate and when not to based on scope of issue, player sentiment etc.
- Define game specific policies and procedures for interacting with our players via tickets, or other methods (high level initiatives)
- Managing player refunds and exploit management
- Cross-training in Live Ops with the goal of reducing the day-to-day tasks for our Live Ops managers, configuration of in-game events, and game balancing
- 2+ years experience in Customer Support in a similar role
- Experience with ZenDesk or other ticket management systems is a plus
- Passion for gaming and good understanding of F2P mobile games
- Very good knowledge of G Suite, Jira and Confluence
- Prior experience managing player expectations and communications
- Prior experience in community support, or possibly Live Ops
- Understanding of CMS driven content
- Experience with PC/Mac games is a plus
- Fluent in English, any additional language is a plus
- Proven ability to handle stressful situations, prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Very good communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills (high motivation, driven to exceed goals, constantly learning and improvement)
- University or Bachelor’s degree
- Remote first company culture
- Flexible work hours to support a personal work-life balance
- Weekly remote Embodiment@Work breathing and workout exercises
- Working in a multicultural environment with people from over 20 different countries
- Flat hierarchies and a great and dedicated group of people
- 20 days of paid time off
- Food vouchers