Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 as well as the Forbes Cloud 100 for six consecutive years. We were also recognized as one of Built In's Best Companies to Work for in 2022 for the second consecutive year.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 1,000+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're an experienced and energetic Public Sector/Defence sales professional that is highly motivated and passionate about contributing to a fast growth tech company. This position will play a leading role in our next expansion phase! You will ideally have a track record of working and building new business in the Defence Sector in France, including the central MoD level and the subordinate commands.
As an Account Executive, Public Sector/Defence at Dataminr you'll use your skills and experience to discover and win new business and strategically develop accounts.
Fluent in French with additional European languages skills advantageous.
- Be an expert on Dataminr’s First Alert platform, developing a deep understanding of publicly available information and social media alerting use cases
- Understand each customer’s mission sets and operational process in order to design and implement the programs that seamlessly integrate Dataminr into their workflow
- Determine and implement a sales strategy for the French MoD and its subordinate commands
- Create and develop a portfolio of high-profile accounts with a focus on growth opportunities
- Build and maintain strong and effective client relationships, and act as a thought partner
- Develop an understanding of customer use cases, internal decision making nuances, budget cycles and other key information necessary to manage and grow accounts
- Conduct quarterly customer reviews to ensure service and product quality remain exemplary and to identify growth opportunities
- Partner with cross company teams to drive product adoption, renewal and customer satisfaction by bringing value to our customers every day
- Serve as an advocate for our customers by collecting and presenting customer account health
- Attend various industry events, trade shows and focused symposiums to drive client expansion/upsells, increase brand awareness and value proposition
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience in a related field
- 5+ years of Sales experience in the Defence sector with a demonstrated track record of success, possibly dealing with IT/Software
- Superior communication and presentation skills, with an emphasis on communicating both orally and in writing with senior leaders and decision makers
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Must be willing and able to travel (domestically and internationally) as needed, approx. 25-50% of the time
Why you should work here:
- We recognise and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for Healthcare, Dental, Optical and Life insurance for the employee and their dependents
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- remote working friendly perks such as monthly stipend for remote working costs and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!